Ok, I need help from someone please. I'm pretty new to blackberrys though I've drooled over them for a long time. I have a pearl 8130, and its acting weird. I've looked and looked and I cant seem to find an answer for what is going on with it. I don't know if i'm searching for it wrong, or not using the correct key words or what, but I have been looking in my free time for the last few days.

Anyway the issue. My bb keeps doing things on its own. Depending what icon i'm over it will open and send blank texts, call people, hit up the internet or what ever. When i'm trying to text it will send after i type a few words, on it's own. In media player it will play/pause at random, skip and play with the volume. When i'm making a call it will mute/un mute like crazy, i can't even carry on a conversation. When I try to set an alarm or change my ring tone/volume in the profile it opens and closes the menu so fast i can't do anything. Sometimes if i barely touch the track ball it will open long enough I can select an option.
    Now I was thinking my track ball was super sensitive or stuck or something but it's not the case, as the other day i took the track ball out at work and layed the bb on my desk and I watched it send text to my husband like crazy. I'm at a total loss.
    If anyone has any pointers or knows where i should be looking to find the answer to my problems I would greatly appreciate the help. I'm sorry if I've double posted, but like I said, I've been looking over the last few days, and maybe i'm just searching wrong, but I can't find it.

Thank you all,
    Kat
    03-07-10 11:31 PM
    Go to
    Option>
    Screen/keyboard

Set track-ball to desired sensitivity
    03-08-10 12:11 AM
    Thanks but I've tried that option too. It was the first thing I tried before I pulled my trackball out and watched it continue to do things on its own. I have noticed that if I can avoid using my trackball as an enter key it doesn't do it as much. I suppose I just need to get used to using the actual enter key and maybe it'll calm down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 03:57 PM
    I'm eager to see if you get an answer. My girlfriend is having exactly the same probs with her 8120. She's using my old iphone as a standby but she hates touch, and she's missing her pearl. She's holding out for the new pearl but she's cracking up at the iphone. Help both these females (and save me too)

04-28-10 11:03 AM
    See how much free memory you have. From your home screen, hold the alt key and type: eace

and see what the number says for "file free": optimally, you don't want that number to be at or below 07000000 (7 megs).

If it is, do a batter pull, then see how much file free you have.
    04-28-10 11:24 AM
    Cool, thanks for the tip, MissoulaMarinerFan. I didn't know that code.
    04-28-10 03:01 PM
    Cool, thanks for the tip, MissoulaMarinerFan. I didn't know that code.
    Thanks! I would love to take the credit for it, but I believe I actually found out the code from a different forum thread somewhere on this site!
    04-28-10 03:29 PM
    If you don't remember the short cut, you can also go to the tools, then status to view the free files.
    05-07-10 09:53 AM
    Or press Alt+LeftShift+H.

05-08-10 01:22 AM
    Or press Alt+LeftShift+H.

That keyboard shortcut work on full QWERTY keyboard Blackberry devices. It does not work on Pearl devices with their condensed/SureType keyboards. Battery pull seems to work best for device reset/reboot on a Pearl

As for the OP's problem... on my pearl a regular battery pull wouldn't quite solve an issue, so I would do a "power pull"

With the device on, remove the battery
    immediately press and hold the power/end key
    Hold for a minute or 2 (during a commercial break in your favorite show works well)
    Release power/end key
    Re-insert battery.

Hope you find a solution to your problem.
    05-08-10 11:22 AM
    Maybe switching to a different/latest os could fix it

05-09-10 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD