Hey guys, I have a BB pearl 8130 and my battery has come to the end of it's life -- or so it seems.

A couple weeks ago, my battery stopped FULLY charging. I'm plugging it into the same wall and USB adapter that I've been using since day 1 that came with the phone itself and as of recently, the battery bar does not fill completely. The battery only lasts a couple hours at most, and thats only 2hrs of standby time. If I actually use it, it'll probably last for about a half hour give or take 10 min. I already tried upgrading to the latest software (4.5.0.169) as per my carriers suggestion and that it may help the battery life, but it didn't make a diff.

So I've been looking for a replacement for my battery. I saw the battery available here on the crackberry shop, amazon, ebay, craigslist, kijiji, cellphoneshop.com and other similar online shop.

But all of them either didn't have the mAh specifications or they differed. Some say 900mAh (crackberry and some ebay listings) and some say 1100mAh. I cannot find any original manufacturer's information on the battery and the battery itself doesn't state the mAh either.

I spoke to a guy on one of the ebay listings and he's got a video for determining if the battery is a knock-off. Anyhow, I contacted him asking some questions and he claimed that the batteries are factory seconds and he doesn't know the mAh.

These are factory seconds, we get them from original sources, they are not BRAND NEW. Trust me no one can sell this battery as brand new and original for less than 18 dollars, anyone who says so is either selling you a factory second in good condition or a fake battery guaranteed

They are suppose to be 1100, however, no c-m2 i've seen has its mah on it, so its almost irrelevant information to know, because, the battery does not disclose it. Secondly, factory second means out of box in reasonable condition that pass diagnostic tests.
    Which makes me a little suspicious of the battery on the crackberry shop. But I also noticed that all of the individual C-M2 batteries available on ebay were about $15 or less. Same for just about any C-M2 battery I've found on the net. So does that mean that all the batteries available online are factory seconds, used, or fake?
    11-07-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD