Hi All,
    got a little issue here...
    I did my first 8120 Pearl OS upgrade over the weekend, to OS version .162, and all was well for the first 36 hours. now, in the space of 12 hours, I have had 3 crashes. Just working/playing with the BB, upgrading profiles/accessing weather eye, and boom ,red flash of death, and it shuts off. It then turns back on as if brand new. Long boot time, hourglass, verifies security software every time. My pearl hasn't crashed in almost 2 months of usage until now.
    so it seems obvious its the upgrade. So I have a few questions, that I can't seem to get solid answers to after a couple hours of searching.
    Reed Mclays reinstall thread is great, as is the bb 101 reinstall/upgrade procedure, but I have a few more specific questions for you bb experts out there.
    1. this is not an version officially supported by my carrier. Is this known to cause any issues in any cases? can rogers get mad at me for having an unsupported OS. this seems HIGHLY unlikely to me, but wth...or can an unsupported OS cause instability to a carrier that only supports up to a certain rev.
    2. At the end of the install, just before reboot, I got the java exception/uncaught error, then the red flash. the keyboard then locked.
    I suspect this might be why its dying now. Does this mean the OS install didn't FULLY work?
    3. before i go to downgrading/reloading, does anyone have a link to reliable information on deciphering the BB device log. ie ALT-LGLG. the information in there is not overly helpful in figuring out why it is crashing, and I'm sure it can help me figure out WHAT is crashing it.
    Thank in advance for any information!
    cheers
    jrv
    07-27-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD