Hi guys! I just picked up an unlocked Pearl 8120 but it still has O2 themes and other branding in the OS. I want to wipe the device clean and install the T-Mobile software. I already tried deleting vendor.xml and using the apploader but that didn't seem to do anything except change the versions of some of the apps. The O2 stuff remains and I don't see anything from T-Mobile even though I downloaded the software from their website. Could someone point me in the right direction for basically making this a T-Mobile branded phone? I'm a fairly advanced user and can follow instructions as long as they're clear. Thanks in advance!
    10-05-13 04:26 PM
    The O2 splash screen branding is permanent, you can't change it and it is only a screen image during startup. As far as the software goes, the same OS installation should be fine for any carrier. The base install is identical, then the carriers push their advertising junk when you connect. My advice is simply to ignore the O2 stuff and don't worry about useless bloatware from T-Mobile - in fact you are probably lucky if you don't get it..
    10-05-13 05:36 PM
    Thanks for replying. Yes, from what I've been reading elsewhere, it seems the O2 stuff is hard-coded. But I guess more specifically what I was wondering about is the T-Mobile theme. Any way to load that onto the O2 phone?
    10-05-13 05:46 PM