I just received a Pearl on the ATT network from work, and half of the phone is useless due to IT policies being locked. The phone self locks and I have to enter a password to use the phone, this is a royal Pain in the @$$. The camera does not work, cannot download 3rd party apps. What can I do???? Will the wipe function remove all this BS?

Please, please, help..

Thanks,
    Chad
    03-18-09 07:47 AM
    There is a thread on how to completely remove an IT policy from your device.

There is one in Blackberry how to and tips, and in the BlackBerry Discussion forum.

Enter that information in the search function and it'll lead you right to it.

***NEW*** How to COMPLETELY Remove an IT policy!!!

I've not had to do it, and I don't seem to be able to post links on mobile. But at least you have a direction now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:22 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/

BK, why can't you post links on wap?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:28 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I found those threads, but thought I read somewhere that if that is done it will require the phone to be activated again through the enterprise activation. And if that is done it will just push the IT policies back onto the phone.
    03-18-09 08:46 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I found those threads, but thought I read somewhere that if that is done it will require the phone to be activated again through the enterprise activation. And if that is done it will just push the IT policies back onto the phone.
    You are 100% correct, if you are on BES it is not worth doing.
    03-18-09 09:22 AM
    Ok how do I know if I am on the BES? If it is a work email does that mean BES? When I go to the security screen it says Services: Desktop
    03-18-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD