So i've got a blackberry pearl 8110 - locked to T-Mobile

I dont really need it anymore so was just looking into what i can actually do with the phone, i've had it for about 2 year and never updated the os or anything like that. I've jailbroken my ipod touch and was wondering if theres anything similar i can do with my blackberry.

Let me know, Thanks
    05-04-11 12:18 PM
    There isn't anything equivalent to jailbreaking for BlackBerry devices because it isn't needed. They don't have any disabled capabilities. Since you have a GSM device, you can unlock it so that it can be used on other GSM carriers. Unlocking doesn't add any capability, other than to be able to use it on another GSM network. An unlocked device can be sold to a wider audience.
    05-04-11 12:43 PM
    There isn't anything equivalent to jailbreaking for BlackBerry devices because it isn't needed. They don't have any disabled capabilities. Since you have a GSM device, you can unlock it so that it can be used on other GSM carriers. Unlocking doesn't add any capability, other than to be able to use it on another GSM network. An unlocked device can be sold to a wider audience.
    I agree, also think that the best thing you can do is to sell it...
    You can't do much with it, not like the 8120 that can be used with WIFI, what makes it a lot more useful.

also if you have unlocked it you can keep it as a phone for traveling or a "just in case" phone.. and things like that.
    05-05-11 06:07 AM
    Well i cant even update my os.... for a few reasons!

1, when i connect my blackberry and check for updates using the blackberry.com/update thing, it scans for a few minutes then comes up with "Select a device to connect" and "PIN" under with a drop down box, Which is blank!

2, i've tried downloading the latest os from this forum with the threat at the top of the page and it wont.

3, blackberry website has been giving me nothing but errors the past few days.

Im thinking about getting the Blackberry Pearl 3g, but at this rate, i'll be getting an iPhone!
    05-05-11 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD