Hi,
    My once loyal Pearl is driving me crazy. When I hit the power button it does not come on at all but the minute I connect it to my computer the LED goes to green and the Desktop Software can tell me almost everything about the device. There is however nothing on the screen. In fact the other day I heard it alarm while connected to the computer but there was nothing on the screen and the Keypad does not light up as it used to.
    03-17-11 03:12 AM
    Have you tried a new battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 02:46 PM
    I'd bet the battery has shuffled off. Time to replace it.
    03-21-11 03:06 PM
    I was given that idea and I replaced the battery with a new one. In fact the phone actually charged the new battery fully with the wall charger and with the USB cable to my computer but once you disconnect from either of them it does not come on with the power button. The device only comes on when connected to either the charger or the computer and the LED only stay green. As a matter of fact I forgot it connected to my computer the other night and I could have sworn that I heard it alarm. She really is a good old girl and I would hate to send her to a landfill. It would be nicer to give it away as a working device - I am sure it would make a young person happy.
    03-21-11 03:47 PM
    I was given that idea and I replaced the battery with a new one. In fact the phone actually charged the new battery fully with the wall charger and with the USB cable to my computer but once you disconnect from either of them it does not come on with the power button. The device only comes on when connected to either the charger or the computer and the LED only stay green. As a matter of fact I forgot it connected to my computer the other night and I could have sworn that I heard it alarm. She really is a good old girl and I would hate to send her to a landfill. It would be nicer to give it away as a working device - I am sure it would make a young person happy.

The pearl was a solid phone. But I think it's time to let go. She's suffering. Let her go. She'll be in a better place. A place where her battery will last forever. Where the signal is always strong and there aren't any dropped calls.

It's time to say goodbye.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 06:03 PM
    Nice touch and I hope it is not locked under copyright as it could lok good in the obit column.

Even still the landfill might not be too happy withthat idea so as a just in case can anybody point me to where I can get things like board or screens to buy?
    03-23-11 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD