Hi,

I found one solution - it's working, but can be improved:

1) Instead of looking for BlackBerry PDF viewer I searched for "Java mobile PDF viewer". So I found this one: MobilePDF Reader at (just check at Google);
    2) I downloaded and installed on my 9700. I just copied the mobilepdfr_9uclv75c.jar file on SD card inside BB and run it. It installs and places it at Downloads folder;
    3) So I run it - you can explore the folders and open PDF file.

Issues:
    _ Not so fast - slow to navigate';
    _ It keeps asking for authorization to open folders and files. I tried to give full access on permissions but it's still asking for permission;
    _ The way it shows PDF files can lose some formatting.

So, I guess the idea is to find a very good one Java mobile PDF viewer and that's ok.

Thanks
    08-05-10 05:08 PM
    But BeamBerry is not free. There is an annual fee to use BeamBerry. You should be able to view PDFs using the BlackBerry Attachment Service which is part of the Operating System.
    I think its wonderful that these people who purchased these products are giving links to them when you are asking for a free viewer.

I don't have a bank account, nor a credit card, nor a debit card of any kind. I have about $215 on me and I have NO idea when or where my next ability to make any more money will come.

So how about a FREE pdf viewer for the blackberry curve 8530?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    itsjess likes this.
    08-18-10 04:57 PM
    Hello,

following the idea of Googleing.... I found this tool under "java mobile pdf reader":

MobilePDF Reader

(this is my first post, so I can not add links... )
    htt p: // gallery. mobile9. com/f/293149/

I uploaded to my memory card and open it. As usual, BB asks to download it.

Once it was done, I was able to open my PDF and even graphics on it.
    htt p: //a. imageshack .us/img834/2239/img0021al.jpg

(just copy/paste the bad url and remove blank spaces)

Regards!
    08-20-10 05:23 PM
    Hello,

MobilePDF Reader

(this is my first post, so I can not add links... )
    htt p: // gallery. mobile9. com/f/293149/

Regards!
    Hi Ungaman,

It sounds that this is much better compared the one I suggested above.
    However I can not activate this MobilePDF sw on my BB. Any tips?

Thanks,
    Fabio
    08-21-10 08:26 AM
    The only work around I've found (from somewhere on this site, a while back) was to hit "Menu" then select "View Text"
    It's not great, but it works.

I'm still looking for a free alternative. I just want to view PDF's not edit them.
    02-01-11 05:21 PM
    Any free program to download so I can open a PDF file when I receive one in an email?
    I could not find any. The reader from Adobe is not allowed by BB in India. I use a Mobipocket reader free download. It does a beautiful job of converting PDf (english)into a mobipocket file and I am able to read. I am not sure for other languages like Hindi, Kannada etc.
    10-24-11 06:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD