Hello. As the subject line says, I switched from a Palm One Tungsten E2 (non-cell phone) to a BlackBerry Pearl 8110, and I am a bit frustrated to say the least. I have 20 days to change my mind, and maybe buy a Palm Centro unless I can find some answers I need. I will try not to be too big a pest, but I feel like there is no one else out there like my scenario so its good to finally hear some people who went through the same things I am right now.

For starters, I was able to transfer my Palm data to the BlackBerry, but now my biggest issue is that when I create an event on the Yahoo! online calendar (I don't use Outlook), I can't get a reminder or "alarm" to tranfer to my phone when I sync it. The "reminder" option Yahoo! online has does not appear to be like the traditional Palm One reminder or alarm. I don't have cell internet service, but I do have unlimited texting if that matters?

A close second frustration is when I create an event on the BlackBerry, my longest reminder option is 1 week before the event. When I used to add someone's birthday to my Palm One I used to set an alarm to go off 45 days prior so I could plan in advance if necessary. 1 week is not enough time, and I don't see a way to change it? The strange thing is that when I sync'd my Palm data with my BlackBerry existing birthday's from my Palm transfered onto the BlackBerry with a 45 days option for that specific event. The 45 days option took the place of the 1 week option. Strange, very strange! Anyway, I hope to hear from someone, and thank you in advance.

Chris
    01-04-09 02:01 AM
    I don't really see your MAJOR problem... Although, I do have a tip for your calendar problem. Try setting it 45 days back manually. Hope this help! <3
    Last edited by Aqua18; 01-04-09 at 03:21 PM. Reason: didnt make sense
    01-04-09 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD