Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I've been trying to transfer info from my long used Palm to my new (and I LOVE it) 8130. When I try to use the desktop manager switch device wizard it doesn't "see" the Palm. Any thoughts?
    12-23-07 03:12 PM
    I am here for you. I just transferred all my Palm TX info over to my 8130 Verizon Pearl. The only info I needed to transfer was my Outlook info, So it went smoothly. Make sure you back up your Palm first and then sync. When you go to sync your pearl make the desktop overwrite the device and all your Outlook info will go to your device. If you are using only the Palm desktop, then Make sure that both the Palm and the Pearl are attached to the USB ports at the same time. If you don't then the option to switch from another device will not be clickable.
    Last edited by dsump; 12-23-07 at 06:59 PM.
    12-23-07 06:56 PM
    Are you using the Switch Device wizard or the Syncro? I have both the Palm and the BB plugged into the laptop and backed up the Palm. When I use the Switch Device wizard it does not see the Palm...that is no option is "clickable". I can't find a way to do it on the Synchro part of BB desktop manager, and I'm not sure what you mean by "make the desktop overwrite the device". I don't see that option anywhere either. Thanks for any help.
    12-23-07 09:33 PM
    Are you using the Switch Device wizard or the Syncro? I have both the Palm and the BB plugged into the laptop and backed up the Palm. When I use the Switch Device wizard it does not see the Palm...that is no option is "clickable". I can't find a way to do it on the Synchro part of BB desktop manager, and I'm not sure what you mean by "make the desktop overwrite the device". I don't see that option anywhere either. Thanks for any help.
    I had the exact same problem. I switched from a Tre-oh to a Blackberry just this past week. I couldn't get it to work either. I ended up just emailing myself exported 'business cards' from the address book. I haven't gotten my notes or my to-do's, yet. I'm thinking it would be VERY worthwhile to invest in Outlook. *sigh*

That wasn't ANY help, was it? =(
    12-24-07 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD