Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find it. I'm brand new to the world of smart phones. I just ran the setup wizard and it asked for my personal e-mail info. I put the info in and it said that it was set up. However, if I send myself a test message from Outlook Express on my desktop it takes forever to get it on my phone. It was more than 15 minutes (I'm still waiting on the 2nd test). Also, when I open Desktop Manager or redirector it says I haven't set up a profile in Outlook. I don't want to use Outlook if I don't have to. I use Outlook Express cause I know how but not Outlook. How can I configure my phone to get Outlook Express email in real time? Also, when I click the browser it doesn't open up anything but a page about email settings?? I have a data plan so why can't I get online? Help please Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by dnolen01; 01-05-08 at 03:07 PM.
    01-05-08 02:39 PM
    Most BIS email is delayed by up to 15 minutes. The BIS system polls your email account every 15 minutes and then sends the mail to your device. If it finds email, then it polls every 5 minutes until it doesn't find any email then it goes back to 15 minutes. Yahoo and GMail have some kind of agreement with RIM and those mail accounts are usually near instant.
    01-05-08 07:19 PM
    Thank you for getting back to me
    Last edited by dnolen01; 01-06-08 at 07:33 AM.
    01-06-08 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD