On first attempt to sync Blackberry Pearl to my Outlook 2007 calendar I get the following error code: 0x80040fb3. It gets through about 1/3 of my calendar items and then stops with this error. I ran the logfiles that the Blackberry website said to do, but after reviewing them I cannot see where the error is. It notes that errors are present. I am running desktop software 4.3 and Outlook is up to date. My contacts sync fine. Any idea what the problem could be. I assume that there are entries in the calendar that just don't jive with the blackberry for some reason. Any help appreciated
    07-01-08 08:57 PM
    I ran the logfiles that the Blackberry website said to do, but after reviewing them I cannot see where the error is.
    The problem will be in quotation marks, and here may be more than one.

I am assuming that you have added entries into the calendar on the BB.

Give this a try first: Clear the BB calendar with DM > Backup & Restore > Advanced, in the right column, highlight any Calendar listings and click delete.

Try to synchronize and see if that fixed the issue.
    07-01-08 11:27 PM
    I tried that. It didn't work. It seems like the desktop manager is ok with some of my calendar entries, but balks on others and then shuts down. It seems like I need to figure out which ones it doesn't like and why.
    07-03-08 06:23 AM
    Here is a link to a thread that may help:

Sync help

Let us know if you get it fixed.
    07-03-08 06:59 AM
    I ran into this same issue. You mentioned you ran the logfiles - did it show any calendar entries that had IGNORE marked on the left hand side of the log? This seemed to be my problem - I had a LiveMeeting event that I had scheduled, but had then updated the Live Meeting Outlook Plugin from 2005 to 2007, which apparently caused the meeting in my calendar to lock up the sync and give the 0x80040fb3 error. Once I removed the meeting from Outlook, it sync'd fine.

I also ran into a similar error when first syncing my BB (can't confirm it was the exact same error message), which apparently was caused by a lack of memory in my BB (I don't have a media card installed). After setting parameters for DM to sync only 6 months before and after the current date, the problem was fixed and the sync worked.

Good luck!!
    07-11-08 10:20 AM
    I have been through several blogs now to try to remedy this problem. Running DM 4.5 (which was recommended the first time I ran into this problem, but with different error code). Like other posters, calendar sync seems to spazz only on certain entries. Tried hard reset (battery removal & reinsertion), even full wipe. Looked in log and found several entries marked "FAIL RANGE," but couldn't find that in any blogs. Some of the "FR" items are recurring appts, while others are one-time only. Extremely frustrated with this; love my BB Pearl, but I'm ready to throw it off of a 5-story building at this point...save me from myself!
    09-04-08 09:30 AM
    I've been reading entries here and on other sites with a sinking feeling - I never anticipated that synchronising calendar and contacts would be so difficult. So - I managed to sync my contacts by erasing every contact from my phone, and then sync'ing from the Desktop ... However, I am at a loss as to what to try next for the calendar. I get the message "error code 0x80040fb3", and following guidance from somewhere, I checked which entry it was stalling over - which seemed to be entry 3 - which was an annual reoccurring event - I deleted it - and still it stalls. I have checked, as directed by some other helpful soul, whether there are any attachments - and there aren't. Do some people just not bother using the calendar? Seems like a very expensive, fancy mobile phone that has stuff you can't use on it! I'm considering taking it back to the shop.

however ... here's hoping
    03-25-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD