I just downgraded my Pearl from the Beta .97 to the new .89 version because the .97 chewed my battery at an incredible rate. I like the .89 cause my battery life is back to normal but twice now my BB has reset by itself. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I've read this is an issue with the Bold so I'm concerned that RIM my be making a simple mistake in the newest OS. Also I've had my Browser not load a couple full web pages. It will work normally but right after the page pops up it will kick to the BlackBerry screen and fail. The Facebook *FULL* site is the best example. It will not load. Please share any issues you are having. Maybe we can get RIM to fix it. Ya right ! Let's spread the word anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 08:33 AM
    I've been running .89 on my Pearl for a while with no issues, in fact better memory management than earlier versions.

As for certain pages not loading properly, I think this is a known issue with the native blackberry browser - you might want to try Opera Mini. I've not used it b/c no one can tell me if you can download files with it, but others like it. It supposedly will render pages properly that the bb browser can't/won't.
    01-19-09 08:41 AM
    I've tried Opera and got rid of it. Mainly because I didn't use it much and I wanted my memory back. I'm trying the beta Bolt browser now and I love it. Bolt will load everything when downloading from it it will ask for permission to open the BB browser, it then will open the specific URL with the BB browser so you can save it. Have bot tried OTA downloads yet. Just saved a couple wallpapers. I do agree about the memory though I have 21.3 after doing a reset with Soft Reset.

Here is a couple of cool tips. Hold down your Alt key and type EACE. This opens a screen that shows all of your current device stats.
    One more is hold down the Alt key and type NMLL. You have to tap twice for the N. This will change the signal strength icon to the actual number. All themes that come with a BB this will work with and some plazmic homemade themes as well. Just it with each theme. If the theme won't support it then the bars will just go away. Type it again and they will come back.

01-19-09 09:10 AM
    What service do you have? I have USCC and mtt bolt gets to 20% and stops. The customer service at boLt said they were having many issues with blackberries.

01-23-09 07:38 PM
    I have .097 and have no battery problems. I have opera mini and bolt. I prefer opera because bolt will not work with my work email while opera does. The BB browser sucks, try one of the ones mentioned.

01-23-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD