I am thinking of trying 4.5 but want to know whoch carriers are affected by sim cards frying themselves. I have heard it only affects t mobile users but want to be sure.
    06-17-08 12:34 PM
    all I've heard of is t-mo but I wouldn't think that it COULDN"T happen to you
    06-17-08 12:45 PM
    I wouldn't expect it but still.
    06-17-08 12:47 PM
    I updated a friend of mine's 8320 (T-Mobile) and it has now fried two SIM cards. Must be hit or miss as I haven't had any issues with mine (8310 & 8320, both T-Mobile).
    06-17-08 01:14 PM
    weird. I am on manx telecom which is a small network owned by O2.
    I'm not that worried to be honest, touch wood
    06-17-08 01:59 PM
    I don't have problem with my phone. I also have T-Mobile.
    06-17-08 02:35 PM
    I also have TMO and have had 0 problems. As far as im concerned, it works a little better, and the video streaming is nice. Now i can watch youtube on my phone... lol
    06-17-08 07:44 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded the new os and the next morning my BB said "initialization failed". Had to run out and buy a new sim card, and so far so good. Bad experience and I find that phone freezes up at times but what the ****. It can only get better.
    07-15-08 11:50 PM
    I updated the OS on my T-Mobile Curve 8320 and last week received an "Initialization Failed" message. I went into the store & got a new card, and this morning I have a "SIM Card Rejected" notice.

I think I'm going to buy an iPhone...
    07-28-08 07:41 AM
    Or you could not use .42 or .37. However if you want the iPhone then get the iPhone. each device has its own benefits and its on issues. BB isnt perfect, neither is the Iphone.
    07-28-08 07:43 AM
    I updated the OS on my Curve 8320 and last week received an "Initialization Failed" message. I went into the store & got a new card, and this morning I have a "SIM Card Rejected" notice.

I think I'm going to buy an iPhone...
    Not that I do not like the iPhone... but that is possibly the dumbest conclusion I have ever heard!!

You loaded a Beta OS that fried your SIM card, so you are going to run out and get an iPhone because you do not know how to fix it?!

If so, then send me your old BlackBerry that is "broken" and I will gladly take it!!
    07-28-08 07:44 AM
    Not that I do not like the iPhone... but that is possibly the dumbest conclusion I have ever heard!!
    You loaded a Beta OS that fried your SIM card, so you are going to run out and get an iPhone because you do not know how to fix it?!
    If so, then send me your old BlackBerry that is "broken" and I will gladly take it!!
    *sigh*

If I gave you that impression, well, that's OK--I'll make it through the day. I may be new to this forum, but I'm not an *****. My conclusion comes about as a result of compounding problems, not just this pesky OS. I'll downgrade the OS today just to get through until I try the next phone. Maybe I have a compulsion that requires me to try new phones every few months--I don't know. I certainly recognize the irony in trying an iPhone as a result of problems with a Blackberry; for those that did as well, congrats, & smile a little; for those that don't... I'm sorry...

The purpose of the post was to confirm the problems that exist with the OS. I hope that wasn't overshadowed by my offhanded comment...!

EDIT: The word " I D I O T " is asterisked out?? Maybe I really shouldn't be posting here...
    Last edited by DeltaNu1142; 07-28-08 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Censorship rules.
    07-28-08 08:14 AM
    *sigh*

If I gave you that impression, well, that's OK--I'll make it through the day. I may be new to this forum, but I'm not an *****. My conclusion comes about as a result of compounding problems, not just this pesky OS. I'll downgrade the OS today just to get through until I try the next phone. Maybe I have a compulsion that requires me to try new phones every few months--I don't know. I certainly recognize the irony in trying an iPhone as a result of problems with a Blackberry; for those that did as well, congrats, & smile a little; for those that don't... I'm sorry...

The purpose of the post was to confirm the problems that exist with the OS. I hope that wasn't overshadowed by my offhanded comment...!

EDIT: The word " I D I O T " is asterisked out?? Maybe I really shouldn't be posting here...
    No, it is fine... I was not being serious

And I am not sure why I can say "damn" but not "id!ot"

Do what you want, I am sure you know your device better than use and know if you need a new one or not! I would recommend loading OS 4.5.0.52 onto it and see if that helps at all!! The best bet would be to roll back to the last official TMobile OS! That would be the most 'bug-free' route!
    07-28-08 08:19 AM
    I've wiped & installed 4.5.0.52. I'll try to get a SIM card during lunch & post results if all goes to plan.

EDIT: installed new SIM & everything works with 4.5.0.52. I won't really know for a few weeks, but I'll probably have sold this phone by then.
    Last edited by DeltaNu1142; 07-28-08 at 12:20 PM. Reason: update
    07-28-08 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD