I don't know when and why it happens, but every once and a while the wifi will get unchecked in the Opera Mini settings. I don't have a data plan, so everytime that happens and I don't realize it, I get charged a bunch of money because it's connecting to the edge network. Is there a way to prevent Opera Mini from doing this?

What I would really like to do is turn off the edge network completely, and force every app to use wifi, but I've read countless threads and nobody seems to have come up with a solution. This month I've racked up about $15 in accidental connections to the edge network, so it's getting to the point where I should have just got a data plan. However, a data plan isn't necessary because I'm around wifi all day. Has anybody found a way to restrict all apps from accessing the edge network? It seems like there should be a way to edit the permissions for applications to restrict them from accessing the edge network.
    08-26-08 11:54 PM
    Bumping this thread to give it one last chance..
    08-28-08 11:24 AM
    i have a solution GET RID OF OPERA MINI!!! the BB browser is a quite capable browser, and if its not good enough for ya go get on a computer
    08-28-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD