All of a sudden when the keylock is activated the alarm clock won't go off. I was late last week twice because I check the alarm, I lock the keypad, I go to bed, and typically I awake to whatever random ringtone I picked...but all of a sudden the alarm only works when the keys are 'unlocked' anyone know how i messed that up?
    09-14-08 07:58 PM
    All of a sudden when the keylock is activated the alarm clock won't go off. I was late last week twice because I check the alarm, I lock the keypad, I go to bed, and typically I awake to whatever random ringtone I picked...but all of a sudden the alarm only works when the keys are 'unlocked' anyone know how i messed that up?
    Can you duplicate this and send it too me immediately?

Have you done the battery pull?

H.
    09-14-08 07:59 PM
    yeah, i tried the battery pull, when that didn't work I f'ed with the settings and tested it out and sure enough it only goes off when the keypad is unlocked. I broke it didn't i? I'm never late for work, like ever so my boss was great about it, actually she laughed because my phone is probably smarter than me!
    09-14-08 08:04 PM
    Do you have a previous back up you can restore to?
    09-14-08 08:09 PM
    um no cause I had no idea what I was doing when I bought the thing, verizon had it on sale and its pink! that was like three months ago and since then i think ive pretty much got it under control (after being sure I was going to return it like four times because I refuse to read manuals) but this kinda came out of the blue. Im gonna try doing a software upgrade which I don't think I need but it does ask if I want to repair stuff so maybe that hail mary will save me. Thanks for the quick responses!
    09-14-08 08:16 PM
    um no cause I had no idea what I was doing when I bought the thing, verizon had it on sale and its pink! that was like three months ago and since then i think ive pretty much got it under control (after being sure I was going to return it like four times because I refuse to read manuals) but this kinda came out of the blue. Im gonna try doing a software upgrade which I don't think I need but it does ask if I want to repair stuff so maybe that hail mary will save me. Thanks for the quick responses!

You can update the OS to 4.5. Goto OPTIONS/ABOUT and look at your version number. It will be on the 3rd line. If your running the older version, there is a good chance you can upgrade your OS and overcome this issue. If your at a deadlock and if the battery pull did not work, this may be worth a try.

H.
    09-14-08 08:23 PM
    Update fixed it, thanks!
    09-14-08 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD