I have a BB 8120 and do not use BB service. I use Cincinnati Bell Wireless with unlimited Data (includes unlimited sms and mms). I can't find a way to set up email so that I don't have to go thru my browser and then to hotmail or Gmail etc. I try to set up as per instructions and keep getting an error message of " already registered to another carrier" ...

Is it possible to create email and send thru main menu, GPS does not work( i am told this will never work w/o BB) and finally, was I properly advised when I was told that he only difference between a BB plan and a data plan would be NO PUSHED EMAIL ( Automatically receive email to BB device) and NO GPS service????

I have been watching the posts for some time now and no one seems to address this issue. Is BB service worth the extra $30 /month?
    11-21-08 10:06 AM
    There is a gmail app that you can download but I dont remember the link. The main reason for owning a blackberry is the push email but I guess you do not really need it. The blackberry service is well worth the $30 a month. How much do you pay for unlimited data? The blackberry service is a data package.
    11-21-08 10:25 AM
    I pay $125/month for unlimited data and texting and shared 1500 minutes on a WiFi Fusion plan using 4 phones.I am the only one currently using data but my daughter is now ready to buy her first BB.I just don't know how to advise her yet...Not bad really.. Was I correctly informed that I am missing only the Push email and GPS?

Does this make sense?
    11-21-08 10:32 AM
    In addition to unlimited data I also get unlimited text messaging,sms, and mms, included unlike the BB plan.I tried the Gamil App and 2 out of 5 items worked.. The following failed; maps, gmail, photos... Reader and news did work don't quite understand why some do and some do not work...
    Last edited by bfriskey; 11-29-08 at 12:16 PM.
    11-29-08 12:14 PM
    8120 pearls do not have a GPS radio installed. Email will have to be thru the browser (that's how the gmail app works) unless you get BIS or BES. Not sure how your pricing works but with att they have a $15 data plan for "dumb" phones OR a $30 plan for smartphones (BB). So it should only be a little more to get the full berry experience

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD