Ok so I got my bb pearl 8130 a few weeks ago and it was all great... Today I just noticed it deleted ALL my text messages on its own. It also no longer shows my missed calls/call log etc in my messages box like it used to (how I like it anyways, everything in one spot). It wont show any missed/outgoing/incomign calls AT all now either. I dont even know if I can recieve text messages or not..

I read the stuff about freeing up memory. I looked at my free space and there is plenty so there is no reason it should be deleted my stuff. I can see my call log for like 2 minutes after a call, then it deletes it..

Somebody please help this is a HUGE inconvenience.
    03-31-08 11:27 PM
    I would bet you aren't correctly reading how much memory you have. Anything less than about 10mb (10,000,000 bytes) is dangerously low.

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Optimize your BB's Memory
    03-31-08 11:37 PM
    That happened to me earlier today. But i just took the battery out and put it back in and it worked.
    03-31-08 11:54 PM
    By removing your battery, you freed up some memory but you will continue to have issues unless the complete the links Sunkast posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 11:57 PM
    Could be a memoery issue but porbably not. I had a 1 GB memory card in my phone that was nearly empty and it did that. So I called Sprint (my carrier)Customer Service and they told me that there were a bunch of Blackberry Pearls that were manufactured with this problem. RIM is currently working on a software update that will solve the issue, but if I didn't want to wait I can go into a store and swap my phone for a new Pearl. Will be doing so tonight. Hope this helps.
    04-01-08 04:26 PM
    Could be a memoery issue but porbably not. I had a 1 GB memory card in my phone that was nearly empty and it did that.
    A microSD card doesn't add to the overall available device memory for the system. You can still have lots of space on a microSD card but still have memory issues because of having too many apps installed, or a poorly designed theme for example.
    04-01-08 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD