My blackberry says it has no radio signal and i cant recieve or send txts or phone calls. I have turned it off and back on and done a battery pull. Anything else i can try or do i have to take it in ?
    10-24-08 06:32 PM
    Go to options>mobile network and turn it on...
    10-24-08 06:36 PM
    idk how to do that? im at that screen and it says data services on, mobile network *none*

network work selection mode, automatic and then available networks , none due to radio off
    10-24-08 07:14 PM
    Go to the manage connections icon and turn it on from there...
    10-24-08 07:19 PM
    very helpful, that worked thank you very much
    10-24-08 07:24 PM
    Anytime, that's why we are here...
    10-24-08 07:26 PM
    Ok... my radio is turned off without my consent. My mobile network is on. I can receive text messages but when I try to reply I am told my radio is turned off.
    What do I do now?
    11-05-08 06:32 PM
    Scroll to the manage connections icon, click it and turn it on...
    11-05-08 06:37 PM
    Thank you!!! I had no clue what was going on!
    11-13-08 10:29 AM
    okay I have a problem with my radio signal too, I can send and receive text messages but I cannot receive MMS nor can i get to VZW tones due to radio signal not being on
    06-13-09 04:39 PM
    Hi,
    i have been experienced a strange bahavior today of my 8110, i did a test of the RF antenna and it failed.

what would be the way out?
    regards
    07-29-09 11:28 AM
    I did the manage connections thing too, and when I got to send a text or anything for tha matter, it keeps turning itself off........help!!!!!!
    07-30-09 08:40 AM
    As of 10pm or so last night mine is doing the exact same thing. I talked to Verizon tech support and they told me I need a new device. I don't know what could have happened to my device as it was sitting on the table working fine all evening before 10pm. Any ideas?
    07-30-09 12:46 PM
    Sounds to me that they did this on purpose......mine was working fine as well until about 8 p.m. All day I have followed the suggestions here on crackberry (love this site) and nothing is working....My device is only short of a year and there is no reason I should have to fork out any money to replace this phone!! Not even money for insurance claim!
    07-30-09 03:23 PM
    Yeh, this seems crazy to me as well. Mine is over a year so I have no warranty and they just want me to buy a new one. I have other friends that are Pearl users that have no problem with theirs.
    07-30-09 03:42 PM
    I posted about this same problem first thing this morning. I didn't realize it this morning but my radio was turned off some time early evening 8 or 9 last night. When I got it turned back on I had a ton of Emails from last night which is the only reason how I know at about what time it mysteriously turned off. Very strange that others experienced the same problem at right around the same time. I just figured that it was caused by being tossed around in my purse. My purse dials people all the time ......
    07-30-09 08:20 PM
    I've had the same random problem, as did my daughter.
    Anyone know why this happens?
    07-30-09 11:57 PM
    Took my phone into Alletl last night and the girl was VERY unhelpful and insisted that I droopped my phone and tried to make me do an insurance claim. I did not drop the phone. She never looked at my phone or tried anything to get it to work. Very aggrivating to say the least. Phone still does not connect to the network.
    07-31-09 09:36 AM
    A coworker had an old Pear in his desk from a recent upgrade and I had Verizon switch to that device for me and it works great. Something deffinetly happend to my old device. It is strage that a few of us happen to have the same problem all at the same time.
    07-31-09 09:40 AM
    Does the radio signal turn off when there is low battery life or is it something from the carriers end? How can I turn it back on to get my emails & texts?
    10-06-09 09:10 AM
    Yes I'm pretty sure the signal does cut off automatically when the battery is low.

You can turn it back on first by charging the battery obviously.

Or go to Manage Connections and check mobile network on.
    10-06-09 09:17 AM
    Yes I'm pretty sure the signal does cut off automatically when the battery is low.

You can turn it back on first by charging the battery obviously.

Or go to Manage Connections and check mobile network on.

Thanks, thats what I thought, gets pretty annoying when its off
    10-06-09 12:30 PM
    Thanks, thats what I thought, gets pretty annoying when its off
    it is VERY annoying...i am currently having to charge my bb and it's taking forever!! i just want my radio!
    10-06-09 12:33 PM
    The radio will shut off when the battery gets low on charge. This is normal. Most phones shut off completely when the battery gets that low. Just get in the habit of keeping it charged and checking to see if you've let it get low enough to shut the radio off. If you have then just let it charge for a bit and go to manage connections and turn it back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 01:06 PM
    ok i have no radio signal on my curve, i went to manage connections and turned it on but it still wont turn on??????
    11-06-11 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD