i am having trouble viewing html email messages. i've read all about the security issues, how to get images, etc. however my phone, like some others i've read about, does not even have the option to enable html. my email settings are only message services, confirm delivery, confirm read receipt & send read receipt.

also, i do not even have the option when an email is open to select get images after opening the menu.

so my question is why do i not even have these options on my phone if i did want to enable or use them?

any advice would be so much appreciated. i have a blackberry pearl 8130 & this is my first so i have alot to learn!
    12-16-08 01:20 PM
    Have you upgraded to 4.5? If so, try re-sending your service books from the Verizon BIS site.
    12-16-08 01:26 PM
    thanks for the reply. i believe i already have 4.5 because thats the number under all of the applications. i don't even know what service books are. how do i do that?
    12-16-08 01:37 PM
    Log into the Verizon BIS site, click on Service Books on the left, then click on "Send Service Books".
    12-16-08 01:39 PM
    wonderful! i now have the added email settings! thank you so much! i do not have the "get images" from the menu key. is this just for certain bb's?

do i need to do a software update every so often or something? any idea why they weren't there in the first place?
    12-16-08 01:44 PM
    You should have the option when you are in an email containing images. Just click on the trackball anywhere in the body of the email and you should have the option to get images.
    12-16-08 01:47 PM
    You will not get html on old messages. Only new ones. Also I had to do a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 01:47 PM
    yes, i've been able to get them by clicking in the email & i understand about not getting html in old messages. we'll see what happens when a new one comes in now...

thanks so much for the help!
    12-16-08 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD