I just got my Blackberry Pearl last week- and dropped it. At first, the screen went out.. but started working again. A couple days later, I found out no one could hear me while I was on the phone (as if the mute button was on). I bought the phone directly from Sprint and am about to send it to them for repair or replacement(hopefully). They can't proove I dropped it, can they? (There is no exterior physical evidence). Also, just out of curiousity........is the small sticker on the bottom battery supposed to have a red line through it? I have a feeling they are going to say it is water damage (so they don't have to replace it)...to my knowledge, the phone has never been in any contact with water.
    Is there anything I can do to fix it myself???? HELP PLEASE!!!
    03-19-09 02:43 PM
    Just be honest with them and they should help you out.
    03-19-09 02:44 PM
    My battery has a red line on it, and it's never been wet. That is hot it's supposed to look. Blackberry phones have a year warranty through the manufacturer. But being that you haven't had yours very long at all, this should be an issue that your service provider should help you out with, as most of them offer a 30 day warranty on any phone purchased through them.

A friend I work with had the same problem on her Pearl...she could hear whoever she was calling, but they couldn't hear her. She had service through Verizon, and they sent her a new Blackberry, and had her return her damaged one within 10 days.
    03-19-09 03:03 PM
    Thank you all for your replies-I hope you are right!!
    03-19-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD