Hi all

since i upgraded my blackberry 8120 i have not been able to browse using wap.
    before the upgrade i had both a browser (it might have been the orange browser) and also the blackberry browser in the menu which i could use... but now i only have the blackberry browser but thats asking for a wi-fi connection each time i try and use it.... ive also tried to install opera but the same with that.

in the advanced options browser it says the default config is hotspot but with no option to change it?

i am on orange in the uk and dont have a data plan.
    ive just updated again to 4.5.0.81 to see if that would solve it but it hasnt... everything else works fine.

any ideas?
    10-22-08 05:31 PM
    After upgrading your OS you typically have to re-register your HRT: Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Menu / Register Now.
    10-22-08 11:18 PM
    ive tried that but it still doesnt come back?

any ideas??
    10-23-08 09:20 AM
    Try re-sending your service books. The email setup wizard has an option to do that. It should be on your device. You may have hidden it.

Some carriers have the option to re-send service books on the BIS website. You can look there.

And finally, there is the option to call Orange Customer Service and ask them to send them or tell you how to get them.
    10-23-08 09:32 AM
    It seems I have a similar problem. I have an 8110 from AT&T and unlocked for T-Mobile US. I have tried re-registering via Host Routing Table, and spent 45min on the phone with T-Mobile trying to alleviate the problem, and also resent the service books. I still have no idea for a fix. If I do find anything I will post again.
    10-25-08 05:40 PM
    I guess we had different issues...mine being that my 8110 is just not compatible with T-Mobile service books (not without a LOT of tinkering). Good luck with your fix!
    10-26-08 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD