So I set up a new blackberry email account. For some reason, however, there is no blackberry mailbox on my home screen. I also added my gmail, and no mailbox was added to the home screen for that one either. I just got the gmail app for that, so no worries, but I would still like to know how to get the blackberry mail icon. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you!
    01-23-09 06:13 AM
    you have a BlackBerry data plan? If so log into your BIS site (through myTmobile) and make sure your PIN and IMEI are correct. If they are, resend your service books from the site.
    01-23-09 06:14 AM
    you have a BlackBerry data plan? If so log into your BIS site (through myTmobile) and make sure your PIN and IMEI are correct. If they are, resend your service books from the site.
    Yep. The rep gave me full access when I was having issues yesterday and she left it on for me, so long as I didn't tell I'll check out the service books. I am able to access the net and myspace and all that other jazz.
    01-23-09 06:16 AM
    gave you full access to what as long as you didnt tell? I am confused. If you have a BB data plan then you can log into your BIS site, noone needs to give you access.
    01-23-09 06:19 AM
    gave you full access to what as long as you didnt tell? I am confused. If you have a BB data plan then you can log into your BIS site, noone needs to give you access.
    I mean she set me up with it for free to test something I was having issues with and let me keep it.

IOk, so I got on the BIS and it shows my gmail and blackberry accounts there. I sent the service books. Haven't received anything on my handset yet. It looks like everything is set up fine, just that no mailboxes were created on the home screen
    Last edited by cmusarra; 01-23-09 at 06:25 AM.
    01-23-09 06:22 AM
    I mean she set me up wit it for free to test something I was having issues with and let me keep it.

IOk, so I got on the BIS and it shows my gmail and blackberry accounts there. I sent the service books. Haven't received anything on my handset yet. It looks like everything is set up fine, just that no mailboxes were created on the home screen
    Are you able to access the browser from your phone directly? It sounds sort of like you dont have internet access on your account, so thats why it is not populating the icons.
    01-23-09 06:25 AM
    Are you able to access the browser from your phone directly? It sounds sort of like you dont have internet access on your account, so thats why it is not populating the icons.
    Yep, I do. I can use my browser, facebook, myspace, twittberry, everything. It just didn't populate when I set it up. I can also use the gmail app. I'm just hoping to be able to use my blackberry address as my main contact now.
    01-23-09 06:27 AM
    do you have an icon on your homescreen anywhere for Email Set Up?

Also, try to log in to BIS site, remove those accounts, and set them up again. Sometimes that helps.
    01-23-09 06:30 AM
    do you have an icon on your homescreen anywhere for Email Set Up?

Also, try to log in to BIS site, remove those accounts, and set them up again. Sometimes that helps.
    Yep. I've added and removed the gmail account a few times. Haven't tried the bb account yet though.
    01-23-09 06:31 AM
    Wait, is it because I am not using a default theme? I am using the vista 2.0 theme from here.
    01-23-09 06:36 AM
    Wait, is it because I am not using a default theme? I am using the vista 2.0 theme from here.
    the theme shouldnt cause that, but try a default theme. some themes drop additional icons into a folder to remove clutter from the home screen.
    01-23-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD