I've seen several posts on this topic, but no answers specific to my need...

I've installed Google Maps and am unable to set several application permissions to "allow" (such as browser filtering, GPS, etc.) because the allow option is not there. Only deny and prompt. This is true for a few other applications as well. I'm NOT running BES. This is a stand-alone phone.

Does anyone know of a global setting that may limit these permissions or have a fix for this problem?
    05-09-10 11:33 PM
    What are your Blackberry Core permissions set to? Maybe you have one of those set to "default" or "deny"; and as a result, you aren't allowed to set permissions for your separate apps?
    05-10-10 10:10 AM
    I guess the question would then be... where would I find the core permissions? This would make perfect sense. If it's just the "BlackBerry 4.5.0 Core Applications" permissions, I have the same problem. Only have "deny" as an option for browser filtering.
    Last edited by edrdoberts; 05-22-10 at 08:01 AM.
    05-22-10 07:06 AM
    Go to Options > Security Options > Application Permissions > Menu Button, Choose "Edit Default Permissions", and Check to see what Each of the settings are for Connections, Interactions, and User Data
    05-24-10 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD