Any betas? *not asking for links* just wondering if anyone has seen one or is using one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 12:30 AM
    Plenty of information posted regarding your question, if you take the time to search.
    07-21-08 12:34 AM
    I checked a few threads but they have no actual answer. Its either people saying I haven't seen this yet, or you telling people to search. I only checked a few threads because I'm on my Berry, so I may just have picked the wrong threads. Can anyone give me a definitive answer?

07-21-08 12:42 AM
    Can't give a definate answer but I have not heard of any leaked betas for 8130.
    07-21-08 12:44 AM
    They exist but they're elusive to say the least. The one I did manage to track down the site was shut down before I could get it. I've given up I'll wait till the official release of one

07-21-08 01:03 AM
    So ginya, any noticeable problems with it? Also, unrelated-ish question, are there any non-north American CDMA carriers?

07-21-08 01:09 AM
    Don't think so. Most other countries are GSM. Holla
    07-21-08 08:59 AM
    Darn, I was hoping for SOMETHING to come out early before Sprint/Alltel/Verizon do it in like October. Maybe the Canadians will have their act together.
    07-21-08 10:12 AM
    I don't see what all the fuss of a new o s is.. I mean, what advantage do you gain from putting it on your berry? Also. How can I check which I am running? I know its under options but where I can't seem to find it!
    07-21-08 10:24 AM
    options>about
    The advantages to 4.5 are support for 8GB microSD cards, as well as for certain applications and features.
    07-21-08 10:28 AM
    I don't see what all the fuss of a new o s is.. I mean, what advantage do you gain from putting it on your berry? Also. How can I check which I am running? I know its under options but where I can't seem to find it!
    hold down ALT (up grey arrow and black down arrow on bottom left) whilst pressing E A C E then you OS is the App Version
    07-21-08 12:12 PM
    options>about
    The advantages to 4.5 are support for 8GB microSD cards, as well as for certain applications and features.
    You can already use a 8gb microSD card in the 8130, perhaps you meant 16gb?
    07-21-08 12:16 PM
    Yup, that's what I meant.
    07-21-08 12:42 PM

you need 4.5 to have html email. Its a great feature.
    07-21-08 01:21 PM
    hold down ALT (up grey arrow and black down arrow on bottom left) whilst pressing E A C E then you OS is the App Version
    I didn't know this! That is an awesome shortcut. I hope I can remember it.
    07-21-08 02:52 PM
    the ALT - E S C R shortcut is great, too.
    07-22-08 06:17 PM
    For us AllTell user...MMS!!!! and much more
    07-22-08 06:35 PM
    Darn, I was hoping for SOMETHING to come out early before Sprint/Alltel/Verizon do it in like October. Maybe the Canadians will have their act together.
    Ah unfortunately the only CDMA carriers here in Canada are Bell and Telus. And TELUS, well, TELUS is basically the Canadian version of Verizon and Bell isn't much better. I don't think we can count on either to jump on the 4.5 wagon as soon as it becomes available. I'm putting bets on either Sprint or NTELOS which currently have the newest 4.3 versions on the Blackberry site.
    07-26-08 05:29 PM
    I didn't know this! That is an awesome shortcut. I hope I can remember it.
    didn't work for me!!!
    07-26-08 05:34 PM
    Hmm, that's odd. I tried it, and I "organized my call logs". Hmm..
    07-26-08 09:39 PM
    the ALT - E S C R shortcut is great, too.
    Just FYI jcm4, that's a newbie mistake. All the really elite users use ALT-EACE exclusively it's much better than ALT-ESCR. I'd recommend that you switch over so you don't get made fun of...

07-27-08 12:56 AM
    Just FYI jcm4, that's a newbie mistake. All the really elite users use ALT-EACE exclusively it's much better than ALT-ESCR. I'd recommend that you switch over so you don't get made fun of...

What exactly is wrong with ALT+RACE?

07-27-08 06:25 AM
    What exactly is wrong with ALT+RACE?

Isn't that the one that toggles Overclock Mode on the BB?

Some folks claim that they've seen performance improvements after using it, but I've been too chicken to try it, since I hear it's kinda risky and makes the phone run a little hot.

07-27-08 09:02 AM
    Ah unfortunately the only CDMA carriers here in Canada are Bell and Telus. And TELUS, well, TELUS is basically the Canadian version of Verizon and Bell isn't much better. I don't think we can count on either to jump on the 4.5 wagon as soon as it becomes available. I'm putting bets on either Sprint or NTELOS which currently have the newest 4.3 versions on the Blackberry site.
    Well, Actually. I talked to them and they are still trying it out and fixing it up a little. They said before October it will be out.
    07-27-08 09:21 AM

That's just how I picked it up. And I don't really get why you're saying that's a newbie mistake, it's the same as E-A-C-E or R-A-C-E. Maybe you're being sarcastic, I can't tell online
    07-27-08 12:16 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD