Awesome! I'm so reluctant to point people to Shrink. As you can see, it's got a lot to choose from, and can easily confuse those not clued in to begin with.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 08:47 PM
    Actually, I didn't use Shrink; Crackmem did everything
    11-08-09 09:01 PM
    For most that is plenty. Shrink can get you more, but not a lot more. Not without sacrifice.

11-08-09 09:03 PM
    I'm good as is, methinks; looking to cut down battery pulls/resets as I've been doing 2 or 3 a day with .169 lol
    So far .173 has been a little quicker with downloading a couple apps OTA, BBM 5 and Opera Mini work great, email is fine, calls on the handset seem a little tinnier although I'm used to using a bluetooth for 90% of calls and haven't tried that yet. I'll see how things go at work tomorrow, that'll be the real road test >.<

One minor (I think) thing I notice with .173 is that without the SD card in, the phone isn't recognized by my computer running Win7 without DM or another program running (loader, Crackutil, etc).
    11-08-09 09:36 PM
    The only thing the PC itself should see is the SD card. Sounds like you have your problem licked.

11-08-09 09:40 PM
    Schweeeet, you rock Wulf - big thanks! Although I seem to have forgotten how to have links highlighted in my emails, I couldn't link to thread from my BB.
    /facepalm
    11-08-09 09:49 PM
    Copy this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...el-350878-new/

11-08-09 09:54 PM
    Copy this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...el-350878-new/

It works if I copy and paste into BB browser, but the "get link" option isn't present in menu like it used to be :O mebbe I don't have it quite ironed out
    11-08-09 09:57 PM
    Alright, back to more errors....damnit!!

AlertEngine: playerUpdate - error : 5

Have done 2 more battery pulls today due to volume going corrupt again.
    I dunno man, maybe it is this .173 release.....I'm leaning towards this because now that I think about it an reverse engineer when things started screwing up, it was somewhere after .13X OS can't remember the exact OS version.

So I'm lost, Fresh wipe with CrackUtil. then reload fresh with nothing custom, only standard ring tones etc and still it's going on.

Any last words? LOL
    11-08-09 10:02 PM
    Fixed hyperlink in email issue, apparently one just needs to open and close BB browser

11-08-09 10:25 PM
    @zipper: could it be a hardware issue? I don't know much, just a gueastimation on my part. Now that I've gotten my kinks worked out .173 is an improvement in memory, call quality, little better on speed; really likin' it

11-09-09 09:18 PM
    @zipper: could it be a hardware issue? I don't know much, just a gueastimation on my part. Now that I've gotten my kinks worked out .173 is an improvement in memory, call quality, little better on speed; really likin' it

Yeah man, I'm starting think so!?? But what the crap do I do? I've had my Pearl for over a year and you think they will just exchange it for me?? Actually maybe they do, my buddy went through 2. Soooo here is hoping? Maybe time to upgrade to Bold if I get a nice trade value. Damn I'm frustrated.
    11-10-09 12:06 AM
    I wouldn't be able to exchange mine, I've had it for little over a year and a half and I don't have the total equipment insurance :P
    I'm gonna be updating to a S2 in a couple months myself, updated to .173 so I can enjoy my Pearl's sunset - .169 was usable but caused me a LOT of aggravation. If I knew 'Berries as well as I do PC's I could suss out your issue pretty quickly, but this is my 1st personal BB and I was very hesitant until this summer to do anything other than use it for calls, text, email, and messengers lol
    Just outta wild curiosity and ignorance, does it work normal on vibrate only, and what happens if you make a new profile?

11-10-09 01:22 AM
    i would like to have a try.good luck
    11-12-09 09:43 PM
    sorry , made a mistake
    11-12-09 09:44 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD