Im sorry for the newb style post but Ive tried everything and I cant get the new update to take to the phone. Ive tried using the crackmem method although I am on desktop software 4.7.
    Ive going in an manually deleting the vendor file under apploader and reloading that way which I believe the old way of doing it was. Im upgrading from 4.5.0.124 and Im having alot of browser issues with.124. Any help would be great. Id prefer not to do a complete wipe but if thats what it needs then so be it. Id like this one to work as well as my 8320 does.

I dont upgrade very often so Im sure Im missing a step or something along the way. Ill post back if I figure it out on my own but I doubt that will happen as Ive already spent 3 hours trying it out. Thanks Mike
    If you're using DM4.7, it's buggy, but it will get it done. Make sure and disconnect from the internet before you start the upgrade process.

]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 06:31 AM
    If you're using DM4.7, it's buggy, but it will get it done. Make sure and disconnect from the internet before you start the upgrade process.

certainly not questioning but why? Ill try and downgrade to DM4.6 if it will let me. I still have to upgrade my 8320 and dont want to have to spend a day working on that one as well.
    10-23-09 06:34 AM
    certainly not questioning but why? Ill try and downgrade to DM4.6 if it will let me. I still have to upgrade my 8320 and dont want to have to spend a day working on that one as well.
    Because it likes to go out on the web, and replace that which you have removed.

10-23-09 06:43 AM
    I didnt sign out of the internet as I started before you mentioned it but it appears to have worked or so it says it did in the about settings page. I left crackmem open rather then closing it and that was the only change wether it matters or not but it worked. Thanks for the help and I love this forum
    10-23-09 07:05 AM
    app loader for newer OS?
    Yeah, have you never used apploader for os updates.. That way you dont have to deal with DM.

Delete the vendor as usual, open up app loader with your BB connected.

It will say upgrade Core applications and system software and have all your apps below, with little boxes next to them.

If you notice in earlier post, me and bonestheripper both used this method.
    11-01-09 10:07 PM
    Exactly the method shown in my guide, linked in the first post. It's the only way I would recommend installing an OS.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

11-01-09 10:18 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD