Bump! Please don't kill me for the bump but I really need an answer.
    03-01-09 05:58 PM
    What version is already on your phone? And you did delete the vendor.xml file right?
    03-01-09 11:58 PM
    Your update manager needs to be current with the OS your downloading. When I installed .110 I used DM 4.6 since those 2 are what came out with AT&T.

As for unlocked, not in the conventional sense that you need to call up your service provider to have them unlock it, you need do delete the vendor.xml file.

If you followed the directions to a "T" then you would of done that.

Also in the directions, you need to uninstall any previous OS's already installed on your PC if you did an update already.

I have mad links on a previous page in this thread that will guide you through any and all steps. You should really read them all over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-03-09 08:09 AM
    Installed it myself, seems pretty nice and sweet... standard really! Just takes friggin' ages to do lol.
    03-06-09 11:34 AM
    I just got my 8120 and have had a few issues. The version im runnin now is 4.3.0.115. How will this update be a diffrence?
    03-09-09 02:00 PM
    Hey folks, I am on Tmobile and have been using 8120 for quite some time with no issues. The only problem being unable to watch youtube. So today I upgraded to 4.5.0.110 from 4.3.0.115. The upgrade went smooth thanks to the helpful links here but I still cant watch video's on youtube.I am getting error "An error has occured attempting to play media" I tried both m.youtube.com and the regular youtube.com.
    Am I missing anything??? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance....
    03-09-09 08:01 PM
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.174 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 4.5.0.174
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.124
    Software Platform: 2.7.0.92
    File name: 8120EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel174_PL2.7.0.92_A4.5.0.124 _Indosat.exe
    File size: 93.59MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B53786A2C5FA09

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    I have a quick question...I have the 8120 ATT...why is this download ofr EastAsia? Is there one for US/english? I am trying to find the best upgrade the my Pearl.
    03-09-09 10:27 PM
    If you have AT&T use there .110 that's like the best one, and it's from your provider. This easy Asia one isn't much different and it is English it's just from some strange provider.
    I already started typing and I hate leaving fields on this pearl and trying to get back into them, but for the post before you, to get utube to work, make sure you got all the service books then go into internet settings. If I remember correctly you want emulation blackberry, have it set to internet browser, not tzones, check all the boxes possible.

There is a link on page 3 on this thread which will link you to the .110 thread and someone on there describes how to set the berry good for utube on the pearl.

Man I just woke up hope something i'm blabbing about help always read the **** out of everything on here, there's usually an answer

03-10-09 06:22 AM
    hi bagOdonuts, I have done as you have said but youtube still does not play.... pls help me
    03-10-09 10:36 PM
    Alright this is all I got.

I have an 8120 with tmo. In internet settings at the top it says browser, that is set to internet. Everything below is check off and I have emulation to blackberry, and show wml and html set.

Beyond that i'm not sure what else there is. I'm on 4.5...110 not this Asian thing and I used dm 4.6. My setup is available for download from AT&T.

That's it

03-11-09 07:24 AM
    just updated my 8120 to the new official T-mobile release of 4.5 which came out today...

Hopefully this fixes the UMA switchover problems I was having with this release, even though they are technically the same release numbers.

FYI for anyone that installed this version and wants to switch to the official T-mobile release:
    I did have to use JL CMDER to wipe this version out, to get the new installed since the release version numbers are the same...

Can't post the link for the new version since this is my first post... but if you go to the T-mobile BB update page it has the link to DL the new version...
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-13-09 at 12:47 PM.
    03-13-09 12:43 PM
    Would there be any real reason to switch over to the T-Mobile official release, if it's the same version number? It doesn't sound as though there would be any real fixes over the other one.(Indosat version) I don't use UMA.
    03-13-09 03:30 PM
    There's an improvement with the memory(T-Mobile OS). I used to have around 21MB, now its 25MB. That's including all the data I have before.
    Last edited by redman12; 03-14-09 at 01:42 PM.
    03-14-09 08:19 AM
    I did the upgrade to v4.5.0.124 last night and it's working great. Had to wait for the official release from TMobile because I rely on UMA in my apartment. Looks like everything is working a few ticks faster than it was with v4.3 which is a *great* perk. Only setback I've noticed, and I'm not really sure if maybe I'm just imagining it, but it seems the volume isn't as loud as it used to be. I have it turned all the way up, as per usual, but it still seems a bit quieter than what I am used to. Anyone else notice this? All in all, I'm stoked about the new OS.

UPDATE: After allowing my phone to run for the last couple days with 4.5, I've realized there are quite a few bugs that didn't get worked out before TMobile's official release. (1) The "new message" asterisk appears out of nowhere sometimes even when I do not have a new message, (2) I uninstalled Facebook because it was giving me some issues not allowing me to sign on. Figured an uninstall/reinstall would solve it. Blackberry will not allow me to reinstall Facebook app. Gives me an error message saying the network is busy and that if the problem persists to contact my service provider. I did so, and TMobile was not able to help me with the Facebook issue, OR downgrading to 4.3OS which was working fine. Their solution was to send me a new Blackberry, which I was happy to accept. Lastly, (3) I have folders that I have created in my Media section (i.e. Pics of Family, pics of friends, self-portraits, etc.) I like to keep them separate so I know exactly where everything is. Since updating the OS it's been impossible to move pictures taken with the camera into designated folders. I go through the steps Media > Pictures > My Pictures > Scroll down to picture I've taken that shows up on the bottom of the screen > Menu click on it and scroll down to "Move" > Scroll down to my "Wallpapers" folder > Click on "move here" > Nothing happens. TMobile couldn't resolve it, and it was even more complicated since I use an iMac at home to sync my Blackberry, so I think the representative gave up and decided sending me a new phone was less of a pain in the a**.

If you're thinking about updating to 4.5 OS you may want to wait a few weeks and see if TMobile releases another official release that fixes the bugs.
    Last edited by andthenjensaid; 03-16-09 at 04:55 PM.
    03-14-09 05:00 PM
    I just got my pearl the other day on orange UK (PAYG). SO far I'm pleased with it all (just waiting for Orange to active my BIS) but I do have one problem. I keep getting dropped calls. I was on hold with orange setting up my number switchover and the phone just disconnected. Will this OS upgrade help my problem (curently using 4.5.0.52 - which is the latest from orange I believe) or do I have a bigger problem on my hands?
    03-15-09 02:44 PM
    Hi I was wondering if you know how to unlock a keypad or keyboard to a blackberry 8130? My girlfriend always lock her phone when I'm around. I was wondering why?
    03-15-09 05:45 PM
    Hi I was wondering if you know how to unlock a keypad or keyboard to a blackberry 8130? My girlfriend always lock her phone when I'm around. I was wondering why?1
    03-15-09 05:45 PM
    Hi I was wondering if you know how to unlock a keypad or keyboard to a blackberry 8130? My girlfriend always lock her phone when I'm around. I was wondering why?1
    As I understand it done you press * and the green accept call key. Can't remember if it's together or the * key first. I assume it's the same for the 8130 as it is for the 8130.
    03-16-09 12:44 PM
    I automatically lock my phone when I'm not on it. Force of habit. I wouldn't take it personally. Unless you're the kind of boyfriend who reads his girlfriend's text messages when she's not around. If that's the case maybe she's got just cause for locking it?
    03-16-09 04:57 PM
    Anyone else's texts lagging after the upgrade? Say your trying to type a text and it's taking FOREVER!!! It's getting really annoying cuz I need to type FAST dammit. Lol anyone know what the deal is? I've tried everything to fix it, even went to the extremes of wiping the handheld. (That was scary)
    03-16-09 05:12 PM
    I thought they addressed the memory leak issue in OS 4.5? I've been running the official T-Mobile 4.5 OS for a few days and I still get the same memory leak. I start off with 20 MB after a reset and then down to 14 MB within a few days. This is even after clearing the browser cache and a memory clean. I even have the event log turned off.....and yes I do close out all apps correctly. Oh well, I guess it's a live with because I love my Pearl.

03-17-09 08:16 AM
    I thought they addressed the memory leak issue in OS 4.5? I've been running the official T-Mobile 4.5 OS for a few days and I still get the same memory leak. I start off with 20 MB after a reset and then down to 14 MB within a few days. This is even after clearing the browser cache and a memory clean. I even have the event log turned off.....and yes I do close out all apps correctly. Oh well, I guess it's a live with because I love my Pearl.

Yeah...same here! It's frustrating though because I do love the size of the Pearl yet the memory S****! Wish there'd be a fix for it. I like the Quick Pull but it's still seems to be rediculous that we still have to do that! And yes...I too am ANAL about cleaning the damn thing...inside and out! BTW...is it safe to turn the log off? If so how do you do it? I used to have great memory at around 17 all the time...now a days....I am lucky to stay at 14 or 15!
    03-17-09 03:28 PM
    Yeah...same here! It's frustrating though because I do love the size of the Pearl yet the memory S****! Wish there'd be a fix for it. I like the Quick Pull but it's still seems to be rediculous that we still have to do that! And yes...I too am ANAL about cleaning the damn thing...inside and out! BTW...is it safe to turn the log off? If so how do you do it? I used to have great memory at around 17 all the time...now a days....I am lucky to stay at 14 or 15!
    Yes, it is safe to turn off Event Log. I've had it off since the first day I got the phone and that's over 6 months ago. Sort of like a log file on your computer that just waistes space.

To get to the Event Log, just hold down the Alt key while typing LGLG. Once in the Event Log, press the Menu button then select Clear log then Delete. You can also set it to never write to the log by going to Menu - Options, scroll down to the first check box (mine is alarm) then select Menu - Hide All Types then Menu - Save.

Post back and let us know the difference in memory before and after you clear the log.
    03-17-09 04:43 PM
    Anyone else's texts lagging after the upgrade? Say your trying to type a text and it's taking FOREVER!!! It's getting really annoying cuz I need to type FAST dammit. Lol anyone know what the deal is? I've tried everything to fix it, even went to the extremes of wiping the handheld. (That was scary)
    yes! after the update, my texting got slow after a while.... i have to "remove history" to give the phone a chance to keep up with my lightning fast fingers... i just turned off my event log so i hope that helps... but i doubt it
    03-18-09 04:45 PM
    yes! after the update, my texting got slow after a while.... i have to "remove history" to give the phone a chance to keep up with my lightning fast fingers... i just turned off my event log so i hope that helps... but i doubt it

How do you turn off the event log?
    03-19-09 06:45 PM
113 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD