I also installed the .81 on my AT&T 8110 and no problems at all either. Don't notice anything different except for the music ID and Music Stream !!
    10-04-08 11:37 PM
    And where is this music streaming?
    10-05-08 04:15 PM
    ok a bit of trouble here.... quick help
    im upgrading a friends pearl with this... everything went smooth till it reached the part where it says 'Connecting to Phone...' its been there for like an hour! i dont know wats wrong but the phone did boot and now the phone says 'Connecting to Desktop...'

Should i let it be, should i unplug, should i hit cancel and start over!

HELP!
    10-06-08 10:24 AM
    I had the Iphone theme running when I did the upgrade. The "Music Stream" was an icon that was towards the bottom of the icons. It was right next to the "Music ID" icon.

EDIT:: After examining my phone the icons are in order...
    1. Music iD
    2. Shop Themes
    3. Streaming Music
    4. Shop Apps....etc.

Doesn't streaming music uses the Internet, so those of us who do not have a data plan, we're screwed !!
    10-06-08 02:21 PM
    zahirw,
    The upgrade takes anywhere from 30 min to an hour to complete, from start to finish.

Best thing to do is to follow the tthread to a T. But, I didn't wipe my phone. As the thread suggests. I just installed the OS to the PC with the latest Desktop Manager. And follow the thread as to install the upgrade. Make sure that you download the right OS for the right phone, I almost installed the 8100 by mistake,as I have a 8110.
    It's been 2 whole days and no problems at all except when I didn't close out Guitar hero III all the way and it drained my batt over night. DUH !!

Laters...
    10-06-08 02:27 PM
    zahirw,
    The upgrade takes anywhere from 30 min to an hour to complete, from start to finish.

Best thing to do is to follow the tthread to a T. But, I didn't wipe my phone. As the thread suggests. I just installed the OS to the PC with the latest Desktop Manager. And follow the thread as to install the upgrade. Make sure that you download the right OS for the right phone, I almost installed the 8100 by mistake,as I have a 8110.
    It's been 2 whole days and no problems at all except when I didn't close out Guitar hero III all the way and it drained my batt over night. DUH !!

Laters...
    Hey dude
    Yeah I did follow it. I've done upgrades before and this one kindsa hung. I waited two hrs before pulling out of it. Weird thing is that the phones fine. New os is working great. Just had to do an additional restore for the databases. I was freaked out for a second there
    Alls well tho, so since it aint broke I'm not gona attempt to fix it.
    Thanks for the help tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 02:36 PM
    What is thr difference between the two? Just put .69 on my 8110. Is there really a need to upgrade?

10-08-08 08:30 PM
    i tried to upgrade numerous times.. i have the 8110 and downloaded the correct file n installed on my pc after i uninstalled previous version.. deleted the vendor file and for some reason apploader doesnt upgrade my os.. it says no software available.. any clues
    10-13-08 01:15 AM
    What I would do is do a 'Hard Reset', which requires you do pull the battery out for at least 30 sec then put it back in and let it boot back up then re-try to upgrade, you must have the 4.5 version of the desktop Manager. As soon as you connect your phone to the usb port, it will confirm for a upgrade, click yes/ok !!!
    10-13-08 03:46 AM
    Just performed the upgrade on my 8110 and it works like a charm.
    10-13-08 04:19 AM
    I've tried that already as well with no luck. Only thing I can think of doin is formattin pc then go thru the process of upgradin my bb.

10-13-08 04:22 PM
    Yay got it upgraded tho unfortunately had to format my pc to get it to work

10-14-08 12:41 AM
    Once i've downloaded the software for my blackberry 8110, What do i do next. The only one i could down load was the 4.5 verson. Can i still recieve my themes on my phone?
    10-14-08 06:19 PM
    Thanks for the instuctions. Upgrade done!!! This si like a new toy now.
    10-18-08 01:47 PM
    So are you saying that there is no difference in between .69 and .81?

10-18-08 02:14 PM
    I was in the middle of upgrading all of the sudden this weird image comes on the screen with a circle square and triangle with a number 507. Now i can't even connect the phone to my computer. What can i do?
    10-18-08 03:16 PM
    nevermind im running something i found in a different post
    10-18-08 03:35 PM
    From carrier Vodafone Australia

Software For BlackBerry 8110 (TM)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.108 (EastAsia) Includes English

Package Version: 4.5.0.108
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.81
    Software Platform: 2.7.0.78
    File name: 8110EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel108_PL2.7.0.78_A4.5.0.81_ Voda_Aus.exe
    File size: 78.36MB

Download Here:

For install instruction to load any carrier 8110 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here-->
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
    I downloaded the os, i clicked run and downloaded it to my computer. Then i backuped my phone, unplugged the phone from computer then plugged it back in while DM was open. It did not prompt me to update my o.s. and when i went to apploader i tried everything but it won't initialize me to download the o.s. to my phone.

Can anyone help?
    10-23-08 09:07 AM
    I am running O.S. v4.3.0.93 on my new 8110. What are the advantages with the new O.S.?
    10-27-08 10:14 AM
    Upgrade went smooth, took a couple resends of SB's to get HTML e-mail (Thank You RIM)...

Only issue is TellMe application - seems it does not like the voice activated commands or something with TellMe... Oh well, Google maps has the same - just TellMe looks awesome...

Also, battery life seems better and I mucked around all night last night...
    Last edited by cyberclectic; 10-28-08 at 10:02 AM.
    10-28-08 09:58 AM
    i have att
    will this still work?
    11-01-08 10:23 PM
    If I download the new OS, will I lose any apps or data? I have the 8110 on ATT
    11-02-08 08:49 AM
    I am running O.S. v4.3.0.93 on my new 8110. What are the advantages with the new O.S.?
    HTML e-mail

Much wider support for some streaming media.

More file free space.
    Faster performance.
    I believe that 4.3 doesn't allow smartcards above a certain size. You can put an 8GB in a 4.5 Berry.

I recommend 4.5.0.93 if you can find it. I've been running it for a month with no, and I do mean NO problems at all. I had a few charging issues with .69, but that could just be my Pearl. I strongly recommend 4.5. I notice my GPS seems to lock better, too. You really cannot go wrong.
    Last edited by mrsubway; 11-05-08 at 02:01 PM.
    11-05-08 01:59 PM
    is step 2 necessary even if i dont have 3rd party apps?
    11-08-08 10:52 AM
    I am running into the same issue that other people have with the AT&T Crackberry. I downloaded the VodaFone OS, removed the vendor.xml file, and I don't get the prompt for the device update. Opening the app loader is useless as well.

Any ideas, does it have to be at 4.3 before it will go to 4.5?

EDIT: Turns out that AT&T offers three different Pearls, and my friend got the 8100, FTL! Looks like I have to get VodaFone's 8100 release or 4.5.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 11-14-08 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Dee dee dee!!
    11-14-08 09:35 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD