Hello... first let me say that I read as many of the posts as I can trying to figure out my Pearl... So many questions have been answered without even asking, but there are two that have me stumped and hoping someone can help with. So without further ado...

#1. When I connect my Pearl to the pc the desktop Manager pops up, when I go to Application Loader the app loader window pops up - it retrieves the info. then lists all items to be installed or removed... but there are a bunch that say "update" 4.3 sys update - messenger update - etc... so not wanting to be left out, I select the tabs to update all pertinent info, click next, it says to backup exisiting data, which I do.. NOW my question..
    "Press finish to start the loading process. WARNING: after completeing the loading operation, you must activate your device wirelessly to continue to send and receive messages and use other BB services. If you do not want to continue press cancel" HELp, what does this mean???

Thanks in advance... i will save my 2nd question for another time.

E
    05-16-08 09:19 AM
    It sounds like you're upgrading your OS, and after that I'm pretty sure you have to resend the service books and re-register to the network.
    05-16-08 12:53 PM
    Just hit yes to everything, when all is done do a *228 option 1 and you'll be
    watchin youtube in no time..I would advise a backup with dm manager and remove your media card before you do it though..that way, if you do lose messages or call log you can restore. I think it took me about a half hour to do.

Now what's the 2nd ??
    05-16-08 01:13 PM
    I am an old man. What is a *228 option 1? In plain English please.
    09-04-09 11:28 AM
    I am an old man. What is a *228 option 1? In plain English please.
    I presume you found this thread using search.

That information is specific to Verizon customers, only. Your profile indicates you are an AT&T customer.

The good new is, the process is automatic on GSM carriers. Shortly after the update is completed, your BlackBerry will attempt to connect to your carrier and they will detect the absence of service books. The new service books will be sent to you, restoring full service.
    09-04-09 04:46 PM
    I presume you found this thread using search.

That information is specific to Verizon customers, only. Your profile indicates you are an AT&T customer.

The good new is, the process is automatic on GSM carriers. Shortly after the update is completed, your BlackBerry will attempt to connect to your carrier and they will detect the absence of service books. The new service books will be sent to you, restoring full service.
    Don't you just love GSM carriers lol...

I thought the OP had 2 questions??
    09-04-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD