I just got a blackberry pearl 8110. My carrier is AT&T/Cingular. I'm trying to register on some BB sites and one of them is asking for my OS. Where do I find that? ACK!

Also:
    How on earth do you set a certain tone for an email or text message? It's probably something really easy, but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    06-24-08 12:02 PM
    To get you OS go to options then about. Under the name of your phone it should list your OS.
    06-24-08 12:05 PM
    You can do it under profiles, scroll all the way down to advanced options and select the profile you would like to edit. From there you can set different tones and thing for different messages. HOpe this helps!! oh and os can be found at blackberry.com under software support.
    06-24-08 12:05 PM
    To find the OS on your phone...

From home screen hit Menu / Options / About (this will list all about your device)

To set tones for anything on your berry... go to Home Screen / Profiles / Advanced

You can edit any profile, create a custom one, etc. You can change your profile from there as well... from Vibrate to Loud, etc.

*EDIT* And for more helpful info check out the links in my sig!! They are really handy

WELCOME to CRACKBERRY!
    06-24-08 12:06 PM
    Thanks for all the help! I'll start working on it now and let you all know if I'm still crackberry-stupid!
    06-24-08 12:08 PM
    Thanks for all the help! I'll start working on it now and let you all know if I'm still crackberry-stupid!
    Well you are in the right place and if you stick around long enough you may even become a crackberry master.....
    06-24-08 12:09 PM
    Okay, so I went to:
    Options>About>
    "BlackBerry (r) 8110
    smartphone (edge)
    v4.3.0.93 (platform 2.6.0.53. . ."

What sequence of numbers is it looking for? Damn, I'm so confused! I pulled the battery out and there was an "oracle" something or other. I used that number and the website let me finish registering. . .
    06-24-08 12:17 PM
    Okay, so I went to:
    Options>About>
    "BlackBerry (r) 8110
    smartphone (edge)
    v4.3.0.93 (platform 2.6.0.53. . ."

What sequence of numbers is it looking for? Damn, I'm so confused! I pulled the battery out and there was an "oracle" something or other. I used that number and the website let me finish registering. . .
    4.3.0.93 is your OS......
    06-24-08 12:18 PM
    You are running the 4.3 OS
    06-24-08 12:19 PM
    4.3.0.93 is your OS......
    Thank you SuperAJ! I'll try to fix it now
    06-24-08 12:20 PM
    Alrighty:
    Registered correctly for themes4bb.com - - CHECK
    Changed tones for texts/emails/etc. - - CHECK!

Ya'll are awesome! Thanks for the speedy tutorials!
    06-24-08 12:51 PM
    ^^^^^welcome to cb!
    06-24-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD