I am a newbie and cannot figure out how to set up different ringers for my contacts. In fact I also want to stop the phone from sending me notifications everytime I get an email. Now it is not ringing when I get a call or text but only notifying me every time I get an email. HELP?

I cant find anything this basic in the book or elsewhere.

Thanks
    03-01-08 06:19 PM
    Under the address book highlight the contact and click the menu, add custom phone tune.

Click profiles (the speaker top right), advanced, then edit your current profile.
    03-01-08 06:24 PM
    03-01-08 06:30 PM
    Thanks so much!!!!

Now I have to figure out what in holster and out of holster mean.
    03-01-08 08:49 PM
    Thanks so much!!!!

Now I have to figure out what in holster and out of holster mean.
    did your bb come with a holster?? that what it means.. the case it comes with.
    03-02-08 10:00 AM
    in and out of holster refers to any holster that has a magnet in it that will put your blackberry in standby mode...

it saves battery life...

some people like a louder ringer when in the holster so they can hear it...and a quieter one when it is (say) sitting on your desk out of the holster..

-db
    03-02-08 10:17 AM
    I would be happier with a louder ringer in all circumstances! The ringers have been the most disappointing thing about my BB conversion.
    03-02-08 10:35 AM
    the only solution i have heard that works is to make your own using roxio and record them as loud as you can...

-db
    03-02-08 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD