My Pearl 8130 arrives tomorrow (I'm really excited) and it is my first Blackberry as well as PDA phone. I was wondering if the 'Message application' displays both emails as well as SMS. I SMS like crazy (5000+ a month) and was just curious. I have watched the 101 demo from RIM but could not tell. Also is there a sent menu? And last, I have read that you can only text 160 characters however I also heard that that is only to non-verizon customers. Unless what I read was wrong, with some new software update as long as its a SMS to another Verizon user, you will be able to send the 7 pages like you can on consumer non-smart phones. Thanks guys and sorry for asking dumb questions
    05-27-08 06:59 PM
    Yes, email and sms/mms messages are combined unless you toggle the option to split them up. Yes there is sent, for both sms and mms, as well as a lot of other folders. Unsure about 160 characters but it says "160 1/6" on my screen for which maybe there are six possible slides? Sorry, not heavy texter.

But this is my 100th post!!! Yay!!!
    05-27-08 07:26 PM
    my today screen shows arriving email and sms messages.

when i click on messages, i get the history menu which seems to include messages as well as phone.

my understanding is sms is for short messages with 160 character limit. but i guess you are the expert on these things =)

fwiw
    you can delete blackberry messager - from the desktop manager - the program you use is called composer. (sorry if that's obvious but you said you were knew to BB and well, as a new user myself, it took me a few days to figure it out.

welcome to BB and have fun
    05-27-08 07:30 PM
    my today screen shows arriving email and sms messages.

when i click on messages, i get the history menu which seems to include messages as well as phone.

my understanding is sms is for short messages with 160 character limit. but i guess you are the expert on these things =)

fwiw
    you can delete blackberry messager - from the desktop manager - the program you use is called composer. (sorry if that's obvious but you said you were knew to BB and well, as a new user myself, it took me a few days to figure it out.

welcome to BB and have fun
    what exactly is blackberry messenger?
    05-27-08 07:31 PM
    "160 1/6" on my screen for which maybe there are six possible slides? Sorry, not heavy texter.
    do you have the verizon pearl?
    05-27-08 07:32 PM
    The 160 character limit is per page. For example...if you type a 250 character sms, you will not notice anything on your end as far as a limit goes but the reciever will get 2 texts. The first will have the first 160 characters and the 2nd will have the remaining 90 (took me a minute to do that math haha).it may sound like a pain but its not a big deal at all. And if its gonna be THAT long of a text, write an email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 10:06 PM
    Mine only lets me send 160 text characters no more at all... is their an option to change this...i'm used to what the guy above me said...
    06-17-08 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD