Hello there, I just purchased a used 8130 running 4.9.0.97
    I have yet to activate it b/c i am so frustrated with trying to figure out how to operate it. I can't find things (browser) or figure out how to set tones and so on. This is my first BB, I am using a dare right now. any tips or tricks you could give me would be so helpful.
    TIA
    01-17-09 02:30 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

Carry Crackberry.com with you.... Go to wap.crackberry.com (from your phone) and install your CB Launcher.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 02:34 PM
    4.9.0.97??
    01-17-09 03:26 PM
    Did you get a little booklet with your bb? This will guide you to what each app is/does and and what icon is what. I am fairly new with my bb also but this site has helped SO much I can't even begin to describe. Just one tip, if you have a question search it before posting a new thread. Welcome to Crackberry!!

01-17-09 03:26 PM
    Os 4.9 for the 8130? Huh? That might be one of your problems. There is no os 4.9 yet. I think we're all on 4.5 right now.

01-17-09 03:30 PM
    i got mine monday was ready to throw it threw he window i was so ticked off at the damn thing, i thought for sure i would send it back.
    Well here it is not even a full week later and am hooked. I love my blackberry. Still learning and asking questions but i love it
    so dont give up
    01-17-09 03:49 PM
    i love it
    so dont give up
    don't give up; i have had mine for about 3 weeks and i'm hooked. Search the forums, if the answers aren't there, ask. Someone will help you!
    01-17-09 03:57 PM
    Os 4.9 for the 8130? Huh? That might be one of your problems. There is no os 4.9 yet. I think we're all on 4.5 right now.

whoopsie that was a typo it is 4.3 sorry.

so i should go and have it upgraded. Also will vzw backup assistant work with this? thanks
    01-17-09 05:16 PM
    Get familiar with your phone before upgrading the os and no the backup assistant doesnt work with bb's. I believe they can transfer your contacts at a vzw store but i think they charge like $10 to do it though.
    01-17-09 05:24 PM
    01-18-09 07:58 PM
    just keeping playing and asking questions you will fall in love never want to go back
    01-21-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD