So, a friend of mine got a Pearl 8130 and didn't like it, so he sold it to me at a great deal. I've had it for about a day, and learning the ins and outs are giving me a headache! Luckily, my sweetie has the BB Storm, so he's "in the know" with BB's. Just wanted to say, though, that so far, I'm loving the phone. Texting on it takes some getting used to, but I'm sure after a few days, I'll be a texting machine on this thing. Just saying "hello" to everyone, and this site SOOO ROCKS!!
    02-11-09 03:53 PM
    Welcome! Pearl is a cool device but you have to watch the memory on it or it slows down and / or starts deleting stuff. I recommend reading up on the Crackberry 101 stuff (check out the "newbies" section), and definitely do a search for "memory optimization procedure".
    02-11-09 04:02 PM
    Thanks for the "welcome" and I'll definately do some more reading up on this!
    02-11-09 04:11 PM
    The pearl is a great phone. You will love it. Use this site to be your best friend. there is TONS of information on here!
    02-11-09 04:15 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 04:39 PM
    Ditto the welcome! My wife has the Pearl and is loving it more each day.

02-11-09 04:45 PM
    Welcome. I have a Pearl and love it! It is the greatest phone I have ever had and I have had a LOT of phones.
    02-11-09 05:55 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! My husband and I both have pearls and they work well for us.. Although my husband would like the bold he will have to be patient.. This is a great site..

02-11-09 06:26 PM
    ok...since my last posting I've discovered I need some guidance here..any help will be welcome! I can not for the life of me figure out how to change the ringtone for my messages. And sometimes it will beep when I get a message, and sometimes it will only vibrate. I've looked everywhere in the stinking thing and can't figure it out...the kicker is I saw info on how to do it in my phone but can't remember where! lol HELP!!
    02-11-09 06:57 PM
    ok...since my last posting I've discovered I need some guidance here..any help will be welcome! I can not for the life of me figure out how to change the ringtone for my messages. And sometimes it will beep when I get a message, and sometimes it will only vibrate. I've looked everywhere in the stinking thing and can't figure it out...the kicker is I saw info on how to do it in my phone but can't remember where! lol HELP!!
    Go to Profiles -> Advanced -> Profile you want to change

Once there, you can change ringtones and whatnot for everything.
    02-11-09 07:20 PM
    WOOOO HOOOO! Thanks for that...lol
    02-11-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD