I just got my Pearl 8130 (switching from Samsung A920) & Love it so far! I've managed to figure most of it out...and this site has helped alot...I just joined too. Anyway, I have one question so far...I'll explain as best I can in hopes of an answer. I keep reading about people seeing a "General Options" menu under the "Options" app. and mine does not appear?? I hope my BB is not missing this because I just got it all set-up & would hate to have to swap it!!!

Here's exactly what I'm doing:

From the main screen I hit "menu" button to the left of the trackball twice to bring up all of the icons...then I scroll down to the icon that looks like a wrench and select it...on top of that menu it has "About, Advanced Options, Auto On/Off...etc...in that order. What I do not see is the "General Options" option I keep reading about. I see they are in alphabetical order & mine goes from "Date/Time" right to the next one which is "Language" (hence no General Options tab).

Can someone please tell me if this is normal & if so, where do I get into the "General Options"??? Doubt it matters, but I'm a Srint service user...

Thankx....Jay
    01-16-08 09:07 AM
    Welcome Jay!
    No everything is fine. You are correct.
    You sometimes get the "General Options" when you open options in an application. Try opening messages, click menu, click options, there you will see General Options, Email Options, Email Reconciliation.
    Not all option have "General Options"
    01-16-08 09:19 AM
    "General options" is in email and phone menus. What options are you looking for?
    01-16-08 09:20 AM
    Correct--there is no "General Options" under the main screen "Options" menu.

However, there such under the Messages > Options and under the Phone Dialer > Options.

So, what exactly is the sub-option you are trying to reach?
    01-16-08 09:20 AM
    Thank You!! I was just looking to get into "Message Options" & "Phone Options". I see I have to go into messages, then select "options" to get into it now...what a relief...Thanks Again!!
    01-16-08 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD