ok I just got my blackberry today - love it to bits and i'm still finding my way round it all.

I'm sure I'm just being really stupid and missing it but i just cant seem to find the place to set the tone for receiving texts and emails - is it possible to set 2 different notification tones for these so i know what's coming in when i hear it?

Also I'm pretty sure it is but can anyone confirm that whether you connect with someone via email or pin no on the bb messenger that the costs are the same?

thanks in advance for the help
    03-15-08 05:43 PM
    Profiles > Avanced > (hover over Normal) > Menu Key (BB logo left if trackball) > Edit > the rest is there...

BBM is freeee! Always request by PIN!

Welcome to the Black n Crack

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 05:51 PM
    Profiles > Avanced > (hover over Normal) > Menu Key (BB logo left if trackball) > Edit > the rest is there...

03-15-08 06:02 PM
    Sorry about the double-post, battery went below radio-use level!

03-15-08 06:02 PM

thanks for that!

does it make much of a difference if its requested by pin or email? I'm already connected with a friend by email, are we better connecting by pin instead or are we ok as we are? I'm in the UK and she's in Australia so just want to make sure we're not doing something thats going to end up costing us a lot of money lol
    03-15-08 06:11 PM
    Shouldn't cost anything. If you're talking on it and it's all working then great, but many of us (I was one) request a contact but put a PIN in the default 'email:' box, they never work.

03-15-08 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD