I bought my Pearl 8130 yesterday and I am lost! I have my e-mail set up and I thought that my incoming e-mail messages would go to one folder and that my text messages would go to the messages folder, but every incoming e-mail is going to both folders. Can I fix this?

Also, is there a complete online BB owner's manual for the 8130? The one that came with my phone doesn't cover a lot of the things I am looking for.

Please help? Thank you!
    04-27-08 10:49 AM
    go to messages, menu, options,gen options,sms e mail inboxes click, choose seperate. welcome to cb
    04-27-08 10:56 AM
    there is a complete online owners manual @ blackberry.com i believer. but a better bet would be to search these forums instead or trying to sift through all that info. : )

in response to your inquiry..
    go into your SMS or email box->general options->sms and email inboxes->you can choose separate, theme controlled, or combined.
    04-27-08 10:56 AM
    Welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 11:19 AM
    Menu is the button on the left side of the trackball. Hit it and then seperate e-mail from SMS...
    04-27-08 11:32 AM
    When you're in your messages, click on menu....scroll down and you will see options. click on that, then general options. scroll down and you'll see SMS and Email Inboxes. Change the option to separate.
    04-27-08 11:32 AM
    Menu is the button on the left side of the trackball. Hit it and then seperate e-mail from SMS...

Good point SevereDeceit....when I first got my Pearl, I wasn't sure where the "menu" button was either.
    04-27-08 11:34 AM
    Ok, I got that down! Thank you! I'm sure I'll be back soon with more questions though!
    04-27-08 12:01 PM
    Ok, I got that down! Thank you! I'm sure I'll be back soon with more questions though!
    You'll find that people on this site are very helpful and very friendly. Nine times out of 10, if you search the forums, you will find the answer to your question.
    04-27-08 12:17 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    04-27-08 01:08 PM
    Thank you for the welcome everyone!

I changed it to "separate" under my e-mail options but I still keep getting e-mail messages in both folders! What am I doing wrong?

Also, other questions I have in case anyone is feeling totally bored and wants to hold my hand through learning this...

I have set my ring tone, but I can't figure out how to set up the sound for incoming text messages.

Can I set up a notification sound for e-mails as well?
    04-27-08 01:20 PM
    Thank you for the welcome everyone!

I changed it to "separate" under my e-mail options but I still keep getting e-mail messages in both folders! What am I doing wrong?

Also, other questions I have in case anyone is feeling totally bored and wants to hold my hand through learning this...

I have set my ring tone, but I can't figure out how to set up the sound for incoming text messages.

Can I set up a notification sound for e-mails as well?
    Try a battery pull to see if that fixes the issue with your email/sms.
    04-27-08 01:35 PM
    How to edit a PROFILE & set NOTIFICATIONS... Not sure if this will show up as a link. I have not yet learned how to do that here. But do a search on that and you will have your answer.
    04-27-08 01:40 PM
    Obviously, it didn't show up as a link. Sorry. If someone could tell me how to do that, I would appreciate it too.
    04-27-08 01:41 PM
    Go to top of this screen and see Search Forums. Enter Alert Sounds and you will see the link I was trying to get you to.
    04-27-08 01:41 PM
    04-27-08 01:43 PM
    Thank you keywest610! I am new to all of this and just got my 8130. This link helps alot.
    04-27-08 02:57 PM
    Happy to help.

04-27-08 03:05 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

To post a link copy the short cut by right clicking on it & select copy. Go to where you want to put it, right click again & select paste.

Or copy the address in firefox/ explorer using the same method.
    04-27-08 03:36 PM
    Thanks Hazy....I did finally did get it right after playing around with it. It's something I do all the time with email but I had a sort of brain burp! Appreciate your help.

04-27-08 03:48 PM
    You didn't need my help after all, good for you
    04-27-08 03:52 PM
    There is so much I don't know about the BB and you guys are such awesome teachers. I feel good when I actually know the answer to a question.

04-27-08 03:57 PM
    FYI, delete your blackberry sample video and other preset pics to free up your blackBerry memory. Then i suggest getting a memory card to store pics, music, vids.
    04-27-08 04:54 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!

04-27-08 05:21 PM
    I know that this must sound dumb to all of you veteran BB users, but I am confused about all of the message folders.

I have one labeled simply "Messages" that e-mails get sent to.

I have one labeled with my e-mail address which my e-mails also get sent to.

Lastly, I have one labeled "SMS Messages" which my text messages and voicemails get sent to.

What is the deal with the two message boxes getting the same messages? Why don't my texts and voicemails have different folders? What does SMS stand for?

And I do have my options set to "seperate."

Oh, and I set up my sound alerts for e-mails and I am still getting nothing. Who knew a cell phone could be so complicated! I have really appreciated all of the help you all have given me so far and I will definitely appreciate any further help I'm given as well!
    04-27-08 11:34 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD