Hi! I'm first time Blackberry user and CB poster. I have read all the tips to extend memory and I have done all that I can based on the which instructions apply to my phone. I get memory back but not for long. One of the tips said that this is a bug in the phone. Is this true and can I download something to fix it? I am one of the VERY few people who is not paying to have the internet on my phone so I now it is not internet files on my phone.

I deleted the video and took out the battery. Anything else I can do?
    06-16-08 11:05 AM
    yes i really hate the memory issues...i wish I could have whatever apps i want and not worry! hopefully the new OS fixes that problem! or I'll be forced to buy a curve...anyway, have you uninstalled the languages you dont use? next go into media click menu, then options and change reserved pictures memory to 0, and device memory limit to 12mb, that might gain you a bit! also clear the browser cache too!, also, press alt L G L G, then clear log, that will also help!

as far as programs go, I dont know!
    06-16-08 11:09 AM
    well i used to have that problem... but once i optimized(?) my memory i havent had a problem since... do a search and you will find it... it has you delete the preinstalled video and pictures... the themes you dont use, foreign languages... idk what else... but it has worked for me...
    06-16-08 11:28 AM
    If you have followed all the tips for optimization as posted above by sunkast and still experience the memoury issue, you may not be properly closing out your apps when you are finished with them. Having several programs running in the background will drain your memoury and battery. Also, do you have a media card or are you storing ringtones/vids/pics in your device memoury? What is your memoury at on average?
    06-16-08 12:39 PM
    I had the Pearl (on verizon) for about 3 weeks and it did it to me constantly and I hadn't downloaded anything except the facebook app so I know I wasn't using up all my memory. They told me they were having this issue with the Pearl so I switched to the Curve and haven't had any issues with it so it's possible it's nothing you're doing but a problem with the actual device.
    06-16-08 02:08 PM
    Thanks. and Sunkast You ARE a genius! I used those links this weekend and it helped at that time. This morning I had O - yep it listed Zero free files. So I was missing texts, etc. I don't have the internet (I know, I know, I will soon because, why have a BB if you don't have 'net access???) so it wasn't that. I do save my stuff on the media or Sim card whichever it offers. THANK you for your replies. It greatly helps to know that I am not alone and that people care enough to post to help someone out!
    06-16-08 02:36 PM
    It has to be a defect specific to your phone. That's all I can think of....
    06-16-08 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD