i upgraded the bb software on my pearl from 4.2 to 4.5 and when i get a new text message it appears in the list, but not in bold. the little letter icon shows that its new. however, email messages still appear bold when new. Please help! i miss the bold letters alerting me to new messages.

Thanks
    06-23-09 06:10 PM
    On my 8130 (VER 4.5) I have my inbox set up to display sender and subject. On new messages, the subject is bolded but not the sender name. Of course, its not bold after being read. I've never tried to change it, its always been that way for me. It may be the theme you're using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 03:38 PM
    The emails are set up with name, subject and the top line is bold when the message is new. The text messages used to be the same, but now dont show with the top line in bold.

i have no clue about themes. maybe that can do it? i tried using a different them which i dont' like, but it makes the text messages appear bold when new. where can i find other themes? is it easy to put them on your phone?
    Last edited by lovemybbpearl; 06-24-09 at 05:11 PM.
    06-24-09 05:04 PM
    Well there are a lot of good themes in the forums that are free, or the store site has some for pretty cheap. You can download these themes OTA straight on your phone or use the managing software on your computer that should have come with the phone. Once you download a few, it becomes pretty self explanatory. Plus there's a bunch of threads that can show you how, I don't have the links but they shouldn't be hard to find.

Anyway, some themes have schematics that won't you let you change fonts, font sizes and some other things in certain programs. If you're using the same theme from before you updated your OS, I don't know what the problem could be. Possibly just a tick in the new OS, I've never updated mine before.

Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 12:46 AM
    I have the same thing happening. From everything I have read and can find out. It seems that there is nothing to be done (yet) it sounds like BB didn't build that into their new OS. If anyone hears aboout an update or fix that would be great. It annoys me that new texts aren't bolded like they used to be. (if it aint broke, don't fix it... right...)
    11-12-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD