I got my new Pearl about a week ago, and its the first Blackberry I've ever owned. I'm coming from a Treo 650, and I'd like to say that the Pearl is by far the best phone I've ever owned. It does just about everything...and its small to boot. Thats all I really wanted to say. See you around the forums!
    06-26-08 04:10 PM
    Cool man. I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to put this thing down!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 04:14 PM
    You will love it fellas. There is always new free applications coming out, updates, etc. It's like getting a new phone all the time. This is the best place to get info on your Berry. Did you guys get the new free CorkBerry theme? Check it out on the homepage, just scroll down and you will find it. I love it, best theme from CrackBerry yet. Looks like a corkboard and your mouse is a push pin...
    06-26-08 04:49 PM
    I love my pearl! My last phone was a ppc-6700 running WM6. I liked the OS of that phone but using it as a phone was horrible.

One thing I do miss is Slingplayer. Sling is supposedly working on a version for Blackberry. Just wish they would hurry it up a bit.
    06-26-08 05:27 PM
    Great to hear. I also have the pearl and agree wholeheartedly..... lol Enjoy, and welcome to cb!!
    06-26-08 05:40 PM
    welcome to cb... i love my pearl
    06-26-08 05:57 PM
    Same as me. I just got my first BlackBerry after 3 years with this:

It was an awesome phone. I loved it to death. Very durable. But it was time to move on.

Glad I did.
    06-26-08 07:01 PM
    I'd also like to add that the battery life is fantastic! Easily gets me through.a day of heavy use. I love this phone :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 04:26 AM
    The Pearl is my 1st BB ever and I have a very strong feeling that I will continue to keep using BlackBerry. I've had plenty of Treo(s) and WinMo devices that have completely failed my expectations of them.

I just wish that one day RIM does something to allow apps to run from the memory card or make these phones with more memory. I'm more interested in APPS, not media!
    06-28-08 01:26 PM
    First time BB user as well....and I recall I never like the phone initially just got it b/c it was gratis....after a week I got hooked.....I am ashamed to have followed the Iphone hype.....

Love my BB...CANT WAIT TO GET THE BOLD
    06-28-08 10:33 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    06-28-08 11:48 PM

I just wish that one day RIM does something to allow apps to run from the memory card or make these phones with more memory. I'm more interested in APPS, not media!
    Your answer is the Bold.
    06-28-08 11:56 PM
    lzlax...welcome to BB, CB and Pearl world!
    06-28-08 11:57 PM
    Your answer is the Bold.
    Some people just dropped money on their 1st BB; you have some folks who just cant get a new phone right away. The BOLD is NOT my answer. I'm with Sprint and have no plans on leaving. When is the BOLD going to be released for CDMA carriers?

Exactly~you dont know and neither do I.

People kill me with the 3 cheers for devices that arent even available. I live in the here-and-now; not later.
    06-29-08 12:01 AM
    Some people just dropped money on their 1st BB; you have some folks who just cant get a new phone right away. The BOLD is NOT my answer. I'm with Sprint and have no plans on leaving. When is the BOLD going to be released for CDMA carriers?

Exactly~you dont know and neither do I.

People kill me with the 3 cheers for devices that arent even available. I live in the here-and-now; not later.
    Then your answer is "not soon" because a higher memory pearl wont be released anytime in the near future, heck it might not be released at all. Btw, I'm not a Bold fan just yet and I wont be getting one for at least another 18 months.

I dont quite understand your last statement considering that you "wish" it comes out which is in the future and not "here-and-now".
    06-29-08 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD