Just got an email a few minutes ago.

What else can your BlackBerry� smartphone do for you?
    Find out when you update to the latest smartphone software! This free update is ready and waiting to help you do more with your BlackBerry smartphone. Update today.
    New ways to work and play!
    As an aid to comprehension, this section provides a brief overview of the life-cycle of a device upgrade. * Each OTASL capable device will contain one or more OTASL Service Records(SR) each identifying a Device Manager (DM). The DM may be located at RIM, may be part of a BES or, in future, could be associated with a 3rd party application provider. Each SR will identify the applications which are of interest to the corresponding DM. SRs may be delivered by PRV, BES or in an upgrade application loaded OTA. * The device will keep each DM informed of its configuration including hardware ID, vendor ID, the current software version (O/S, platform and core applications) and the current screen language setting. * Any of several authorized device administrators can request upgrade of a device. Administrators would include the BES administrator, RIM administrators, carrier administrators and possibly the end-user. Each administrator will have access to the device configuration. The BES and RIM administrators will have direct access to a DM while the carrier will have proxy access through RIM to its DM to obtain the configuration information. The end-user can simply access the information directly. * Given the configuration, the administrator can contact the Control Web Server (CWS) for a list of possible upgrades in the form of an XML document (upgrades.xml). * Based on corporate policies and goals, the administration module can then edit/filter the XML document and forward the result on to the device. The editing may include the removal of undesired upgrade paths or the addition of corporate policies on upgrade data routing (e.g. roaming) or user interaction (don't prompt). * On receipt of upgrades.xml, the device will execute the instructions in it possibly including querying the user for upgrade paths and options or just immediately initiating the upgrade..
    Get the most advanced BlackBerry Device Software to keep your BlackBerry smartphone performing at its best. Update Now.
    Recently changed your BlackBerry smartphone? If you are viewing this message from your BlackBerry browser, you can automatically update your device information when you visit here.
    Research In Motion
    01-11-10 04:07 PM
    did you updatE?
    01-11-10 04:34 PM
    I'm on verizon as well, and my os is 4.5.0.138. So, after seeing your post, I connected my bb to my computer and there is an update for Verizon to os 4.5.0.175 - I'm guessing at somepoint(it is offered when you upgrade via the bb update website), you signed up to get email notifications when you have an update to your bb os.
    01-11-10 04:38 PM
    I'm on verizon as well, and my os is 4.5.0.138. So, after seeing your post, I connected my bb to my computer and there is an update for Verizon to os 4.5.0.175 - I'm guessing at somepoint(it is offered when you upgrade via the bb update website), you signed up to get email notifications when you have an update to your bb os.
    yeah i signed up. i'm already running 175 but from sprint, i think i will just install it from verizon though since that's my carrier. there's no difference though...
    01-11-10 05:18 PM
    I updated to .175 from .138, and everything appears to be looking okay so far...only things it(the os) has complained about/needed more info is:

1. Wanted to run me through the setup app (that you run through when first buying the phone). -- I didn't do this -- everything is looking as it should...so far.

2. Can't restore "quickpull pro" something, something, something -- I don't care because I don't use the "pro" version, and my quick pull lite (free version) is appearing to work like it is supposed to...

3. Had to ask me if I would let "Poynt" communicate w/my Phone, then had to go through the brief "Poynt" setup(the whooping 2 or 3 screens you are required to go through) once I fired up Poynt again

3. Had to re-login to the FB app, and go through its brief "setup"

4. Had the "warning data usage..." message pop up when I fired up Pandora(I think its all the same stuff that you do when you first install Pandora) -- It kept my stations, but didn't keep my "play on startup" setting(I had it set to "no")

--Other than those minor things, everything went really smooth, and I see my items as "not a big deal." And I don't really know if all that(items above) should stay intact between updates...Long story short, again, everything is appearing to work correctly.
    01-11-10 05:30 PM
    good to hear. i think these small issues always come up with an upgrade, at least for me, like logging in to software, the email setup, etc etc
    01-11-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD