Tyroni;

After downloading and installing 4.2 without the media manager, I still am unable to back up my Pearl.

The program recognizes that my Pearl is connected, but the buttons for backup, synchronize, etc. are all greyed out and unavailable.

So I'm still up a creek. No one here on Crackberry has been willing/able to help me with this: so if my bb crashes, it just crashes and we start over, I guess. Part of it may be my machine, but part of it is just DM, too...it's just extremely buggy, as a search of all the topics on this will show.

besiderself
    07-05-08 08:50 AM
    if 4.5 is NOT yet available for my pearl, then what is the newest one you suggest I download? When I switch OS, will I loose all my music, pics, and settings?
    Chances are, Jansenjr, if you just bought your BBPearl new, you've got the most updated OS. Someone else will likely have the numbers for you, but there's not a likelihood that you need to update.

If you are able to use your DM to update your OS, I'm guessing you won't lose data, etc. Maybe someone else could confirm this.

besiderself
    07-05-08 08:53 AM
    besiderself, do you have the OS that is on your device installed on your PC along with the DM software? You need both on it.
    07-05-08 08:55 AM
    Tyroni;

I believe that I do, but I'll double check that and let you know.

Edit to Update: Ok...I did have it installed at one point, but apparently one of the uninstalls took it, too. Now I have it re-installed, and the 4.2 without media manager is working fine.

Thanks! Later I will see what happens if I try to update to the 4.5 and remember to reinstall the device OS in case it uninstalls...maybe that was the problem all along.

besiderself
    Last edited by besiderself; 07-05-08 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Update
    07-05-08 09:00 AM
    ok great guys. I have one last question about this. I have just taken alot of pics today of my kids and I want to transfer this to my computer. I just tried, and was unable to do this when I opened my "desktop manager" icon. I also tried to open the "blackberry device" icon, but nothing happened. Forgive me for being stupid here, but how do I now get my pics off the phone to my computer?
    07-05-08 05:23 PM
    I have had my BB for almost 6 months and still can not install the Desktop Manager. I have tried all the upgrades and suggestions that I have found the this forum to no avail. I have given up and I have never connected my Pearl to my computer. I feel like I'm not getting the full value of my phone but... just don't have the patience or the time to keep messing around with this. I hope someone figures out how to fix it someday.
    09-29-08 02:35 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD