Hi, I just got my first Blackberry on contract from O2 - Pearl 8110.

The problem is, I put in the battery, plugged it in and the red led light started flashing. It has now been charging for hours and still the red light is flashing but it won't switch on.

Am I right in thinking this light should change to green?

I have tried charging the battery with & without a SIM card inserted but it makes no difference, the phone will still not switch on.

I am waiting for a new SIM card to arrive for this device, but in the meantime I inserted my SIM from my previous O2 phone.

Any advice appreciated.

thanks
    09-24-08 02:13 PM
    Hi, I just got my first Blackberry on contract from O2 - Pearl 8110.

The problem is, I put in the battery, plugged it in and the red led light started flashing. It has now been charging for hours and still the red light is flashing but it won't switch on.

Am I right in thinking this light should change to green?

I have tried charging the battery with & without a SIM card inserted but it makes no difference, the phone will still not switch on.

I am waiting for a new SIM card to arrive for this device, but in the meantime I inserted my SIM from my previous O2 phone.

Any advice appreciated.

thanks
    The light will not turn green. It will turn off. If the phone is brand new and the battery has a low "shipping charge", you may need to charge it for a while. How long have you charged it without interruption?
    09-24-08 02:16 PM
    Try pulling out the battery and letting it restart
    09-24-08 08:22 PM
    It has been charging continuously for 15 hours now and still the red light is flashing and it won't switch on. I've now unplugged the charger, removed the battery, waited and few minutes and then put the battery back in. It is still flashing red and won't switch on.
    09-25-08 02:19 AM
    Possible reasons:
    - Make sure the SIM card is inserted correctly.
    - Faulty battery / charger / phone
    - Corrupt OS

I would return to the place of purchase and see if they would replace it.

Good luck.
    09-25-08 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD