I had the 700p and all the previous treo models from the 300 up. There is no comparing the devices. In terms of stability of the OS (no reboots), general basic email, and size....the Pearl just blows away the Treo. I still miss the ability to manipulate excel and word files and then send them out through Docs to Go but I hear that may be coming to BB soon. Also, much more 3rd party software for the palm models.

But if the question is can you adjust to the size difference and the typing with suretype...YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO THAT AND QUICKLY.

Took me 3 days of typing to actually prefer the Pearl to the qwerty keyboard. Suretype just works. Like others have said....dont read as you type. Just type and 95% of the stuff you are typing requires no correction. The predictive text gets it right and it learns so names and places that are obscure become part of its predictive text dictionary after a few times using the words. Trackball is a nonissue for me. Works fine. Do not miss the touchscreen at all.

Would like a slightly bigger screen but now im nitpicking. Pearl rocks and gave me what i was looking for which was stability and size reduction from the Treo.
    04-09-08 09:11 AM
    I switched from the Treo, and no big deal here. I've used T9 in the past, and it learns your words, so just give it some time to get to know you ;-).
    04-09-08 09:12 AM
    I wasn't a big fan of suretype when I got my BB. I was still using multi-tap method. Then one day I thought I would give it a shot. Now I don't know if I could function properly without it.
    04-09-08 05:13 PM
    I am so damn excited about getting this phone. It should be here tomorrow!
    04-09-08 09:32 PM
    believe us... After a while you cannot return to T9 mode... =) Be patient
    04-09-08 09:38 PM
    Got my phone today. After a couple of bumps trying to activate it through Verizon's website I was good to go. It took me about 2-3 hours to get used to the keypad. I took you guys advice and just typed and in no time I was banging out messages to my buddy (another 8130 owner). I can not believe for such a small device that it is so feature packed. And I don't know how Suretype figures everything out but I am amazed at how by the end of my typing they find the word I was looking for. Now I am off in search of ringtones and wallpaper! Thanks guys!
    04-11-08 11:43 PM
    I bought my phone from ebay and while playing brickbreaker I got the high score and wanting to save it. I guess the previous owner had a password on it and of course I don't know it. Is there a way to reset that?
    04-12-08 08:58 PM
    The spell check is also your friend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 08:15 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD