I will be getting a pearl 8130 pretty soon (replacing my treo 700p) and I just have one thing that I am a little worried about. How is the typing on something like this? I am a comedian and I type a lot of my jokes on my treo while sitting on the bus or something. I have tried and other then getting use to suretype getting in my way I think I can handle it. How are your experiences. Oh and one more thing: I have been looking around and reading this site for a couple of weeks now and am glad to be here!
    04-08-08 02:41 PM
    I was surprised at how quickly I picked up suretype as I used to hate T9/Predictive text. The trick is to not look at the screen when typing.

Welcome to CB!
    04-08-08 02:44 PM
    After a little practice, and alot of patience, you will love it!!! Welcome!!
    04-08-08 02:51 PM
    There are still some key combinations that form multiple words but for the most part you'll be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 02:53 PM
    well it all started
    when i saw mah Auntie pearl and was like coooool!! so i picked it up and started textin mah friend on it...
    i was like OMG what the H*LL IS THIS???
    i felt like throwing that thing up against the wall! I told mah auntie its EVIL!!!
    but then it i wanted 1 some months down the road and despite the suretype i wanted it!
    so i got it and once again i was fustrated and typed realy slow...
    but now im used to it and type like a pro..
    i can bearly type on a regular keypad now haha..
    it took about a week for mah learning curve but once you get used to it you will love it!
    youl hate it for the 1st week or 2 then you once over the learning curve you will love it!!
    04-08-08 02:55 PM
    Very short learning period - then you'll prefer it. And welcome to CB!
    04-08-08 02:56 PM
    Yep, I would have to agree with dont look at the screen until you finish typing a word thing. It was a bit frustrating in the beginning because I kept trying to go back and change every letter, but now it actually seems to work better than a full Qwerty keyboard and you dont get as many typos either, after a while it "gets to know your vocab" and will mostly likely become your friend, I know it is mine now
    04-08-08 02:56 PM
    Yep, I would have to agree with dont look at the screen until you finish typing a word thing. It was a bit frustrating in the beginning because I kept trying to go back and change every letter, but now it actually seems to work better than a full Qwerty keyboard and you dont get as many typos either, after a while it "gets to know your vocab" and will mostly likely become your friend, I know it is mine now
    HAHA YEA ITS MAH BEST FRIEND TOO!!!!!!
    it actually learns slang!
    and lets not forget auto text thats mah other friend
    04-08-08 02:59 PM
    Not if you swear helluva lot. It seems I really like ducks!!
    04-08-08 02:59 PM
    started textin mah friend on it...
    i was like OMG what the H*LL IS THIS???
    i felt like throwing that thing up against the wall! I told mah auntie its EVIL!!!

Ha Ha! I thought the same thing the first day I tried to use it, I was POed, but now it is soooo worth it. Thank goodness for crackberry.com

Oh yeah and there are alot of neat shortcuts like holding down the space key will generate a period and if you are listening to music 4 is previous and 6 is next, shortcuts make it that much better, you can view the thread on shortcuts here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/tip...-8130-a-11235/
    04-08-08 03:00 PM
    Youre gonna be so ducking upset when you screw up words you didnt mean to type
    04-08-08 03:03 PM
    Not if you swear helluva lot. It seems I really like ducks!!
    Thats so funny, I can imagine my friends being like what the duck?
    04-08-08 03:04 PM
    It only took me 2 days to master the suretype. I was a long time iPaq user and I didn't think there was anything faster. I was wrong. I have had my Pearl since Feb '08 and I can't imagine going back to anything else.
    04-08-08 03:12 PM
    that why you spell it fuk
    04-08-08 03:12 PM
    hah, yes I find it amusing that the type ahead hasnt realized that duck is not my preferred word of choice, like it does it every other word.
    Last edited by javi; 04-08-08 at 03:16 PM.
    04-08-08 03:14 PM
    thats why i said SLANG is your best friend!!!
    04-08-08 03:14 PM
    Bienvenido to CB.
    04-08-08 03:17 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    04-08-08 08:12 PM
    I don't have a problem with suretype--I belong to lots of forums and boards and I have no problem with writing on it. Having said that, I am still planning to get me one of dem dere new fangled bluetooth keyboards-lol
    04-08-08 08:30 PM
    I've tried my friends pearl. It takes some practice but i still prefer qwerty pad
    04-08-08 08:51 PM
    I love my pearl
    04-08-08 09:01 PM
    Welcome to the crack. You will love the pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 09:57 PM
    Ya gonna hate suretype, but as everyone has stated, after a week or so, you will be typing like a pro!

enyahs_shayne09, ya got me cracking up over here, but I can relate.
    04-08-08 10:48 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    04-08-08 10:50 PM
    I have always wanted a BB since the 7120 I believe. I thought they were for people who actually had a life. I was touring around with this one guy who had a t-mobile pearl and I liked how it looked. A fellow comedian and friend of mine got one in January and I got to get my hands on it. It was so damn sexy, but I was turned off when I tried typing on the keypad. He would send me text messages for like a week or two with all these mistakes, but now he says he has no problems. He used to make fun of my Treo calling it a brick. He was right.
    04-08-08 11:32 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD