Hi! New to the site and blackberrys. I decided to stay with Sprint, something I thought I would never do, and ordered the new Pearl 8130 yesterday. I was all set to go with Verizon but Sprint made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Plus, I've found that Sprint's $30/month BB plan is more inclusive than Verizons for the same $$. At least at the present time. In addition to the unlimited email/web browsing, you get unlimited text messaging, sprint TV, Sprint Navigation-$2.99/day as opposed to a monthly subscription and 99 cent music downloads. I'm sure I'll have many questions!

FYI
    If anyone is interested in getting the new Pearl with Sprint, don't go to a Sprint store. I did, and was shown the official (internal) price sheet. Retail is $499.99. There is a $100 mail in rebate. IF you have had a phone with Sprint for at least 22 months, then you will be eligible for and additional $150.00 rebate. That puts you out the door at $249.99. Verizons Pearl for new customers is $199.99 with the $50.00 dollar rebate you are out the door for $149.99. The Sprint rep told me my best bet would be to call sprint and try to get a better deal buy telling them I would be switching carriers. I did, and IT WORKS.
    11-22-07 10:09 AM
    so the sprint pkg DOES include unlimited txting??? ok that's it, goodbye verizon, hello sprint!
    11-22-07 01:36 PM
    Sprint sucks in so many ways. Go ahead and switch. I have a couple of people that use Sprint. I always make them return my call from a land line if you are getting my hint.
    11-28-07 01:57 PM
    I also just bought the pearl with sprint. The sprint store did not have any pearls yet. So I ordered from sprint directly talking to an online rep. I was not out of contract yet (i bought a new phone last yr)...BUT sprint gave me the special price anyway. I paid $299 with a $100 mail in rebate for a total of $199. I agree the sprint package is better price than VZ if you include all of the features. And yes, unlimited texts are included.

I know that a lot of folks have said sprint CS sucks...but I have not found that to be true lately. I think they are reading their bad press and trying harder. Also, sprint service in my area, SW FL, is great. better than VZ.
    11-28-07 04:29 PM
    Actually...unlimited txt is NOT a part of any blackberry package with Sprint, I was told this many times from several different sprint reps, the texting service is operated thru the phone service, the blackberry package u MUST get in order for the device to work, is only interenet, e-mail...etc, and is a seperate charge.
    12-02-07 04:58 PM
    youre wrong. the new sprint bb plan does include unlimited txt messaging, along with powervision, sprint tv, sprint nav, and bb bis but unfortunately no pam
    12-02-07 06:38 PM
    This is from Sprint.com

Sprint� Power VisionSM BlackBerry� Pack

This pack is perfect for those who want to get their personal email on a BlackBerry without needing to access a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BlackBerry Pack includes:

BlackBerry Internet Service - Set up to 10 ISP (imap/pop3) email accounts.
    Sprint� Navigation - Get UNLIMITED directions, see and hear your progress on a moving map.

Unlimited web browsing/search.

On Demand - News, sports, weather and more.

Unlimited text messages.

Unlimited data access.

Also, available exclusively on the 8130 by BlackBerry:
    Sprint TV - Watch CNN, FOX Sports, Disney Channel, The Weather Channel, E!, NFL Network and Sprint Exclusive Entertainment.

99� Wireless Music Downloads - Wirelessly download your favorite songs from the Sprint Music StoreSM for only 99�.

Phone as modem is available for $15.00. Please contact customer care to add this to your account.

so Scrap looks like you were 100% wrong.. its okie it happens. =)
    12-02-07 07:23 PM
    The info i relayed was wrong.....so ill blame it on the dumb sprint rep

Well that s kewl then cuz i mustve asked several times if texting was free with my BB pack, good thing i didnt get the seperate 10$ a mo. unlimited txt package!!
    12-08-07 10:53 AM
    Wow....the Sprint data pkg is amazing! Almost makes me regret getting my pearl through Verizon.....almost
    12-08-07 11:23 AM
    Very funny that I stumbled upon this thread.

JUST TODAY.. I've decided getting my Pearl 8130 was a mistake. and their customer service is the worst.

I was told by the store rep repeatedly that the phone had Telenav w/ GPS. I realize they have Sprint Navigation, but I specifically wanted and asked about the Telenav system. Only to be told today, a week after purchase, that it's not compatible with the 8130.

I also pay the additional 10$ a month for unlimited texting, but apparently it's included. So I have to wait another hour on the phone to go over that tomorrow.

I hate Sprint. Getting this phone was a bad idea. I should've gone with AT&T.
    12-08-07 08:10 PM
    I see that you guys are saying that ths sprint nav is freee? how is this so because there is a map app with gps........but when I go to sprint nav it says first day is free how about the otehr days
    12-09-07 01:13 PM
    VI was told by the store rep repeatedly that the phone had Telenav w/ GPS. I realize they have Sprint Navigation, but I specifically wanted and asked about the Telenav system. Only to be told today, a week after purchase, that it's not compatible with the 8130.
    The program is actually called 'Sprint Navigation powered by TeleNav".

Works great on my Sprint 8130 with the $30 BIS plan.
    12-09-07 01:19 PM
    help wit my question anyone

?
    12-09-07 01:20 PM
    If you have the Sprint BIS $30 plan, then Sprint Navigation/TeleNav is included. I got the same message - 2 days remaining, blah blah blah. I just kept using it and didn't have a problem.
    12-09-07 01:25 PM
    i knew my sprint rep was BSing she told me that my 8130 "does not qualify" for the $30 BLACKBERRY plan, so she made me sign up for the $40 plan which made no sense, but i had no other choice so i signed up for it... i am going to call back ASAP and switch to the $30 plan... and with the money i save i might add the sprintTV [full] app...
    12-09-07 04:30 PM
    The plan does exist and you can get Phone as a Modem included for free cause Sprint doesn't update their website.

Call BB Tech Support and reference this link: Sprint | News Release

It states PAM is included in all BB Data Plans, which means they can't make is an add-on. They are adding it to my account as a zero dollar line item.

Call and get it added to yours... the dept who added my was Account Services so general CS probably can't and will give you lip about it.
    12-09-07 06:47 PM
    Why does that sprint news link state :*cards up to 4gb supported*!?!?!

I know its probably just a typo, but that worries me nonetheless
    12-10-07 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD