I am learning my way around my new Pearl 8130, but have a few questions:

1. When I get an email it notifies me twice: once in my inbox and it also sends me a text message. So I actually get two notifications of the same message. Can I change it?

2. How can I check the available memory on my device? And how do I clear hidden memory hogs such as browser or Viigo cache?

3. When I enter a word that the SureType doesn't recognize (for example I entered a lot of email addresses that say [email protected]). My old Motorola Razr would remember utoronto once I typed it and never made me spell it out letter-by letter again. My Pearl doesn't remember utoronto but there must be a way?

Also, if there are any tips and tricks that every first time Pearl user should know, it'd be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mr MS; 08-05-09 at 10:41 AM.
    08-05-09 10:39 AM
    1. Open your messages>options>general options>scroll to the bottom where it says,"SMS and E-Mail boxes>choose "separate".

2. Options>Media Card

3. Options>Custom Dictionary>New

Check out the tips and tricks at the top of the fourm page.
    08-05-09 11:12 AM
    2. go to options> status to check memory that is available. to clear the internet cache, simply choose options> cache operations in the browser and clear that way. i dont have vlingo, but i assume the process would be similar.

3. after a few times entering the same thing, suretype should start to remember the individual words, im not sure if it remembers web addresses in an email address (for example after the @ sign)
    however you can add an email to your contact list and when sending emails, just type in the person's name and it would automatically bring up the email address.
    but you can definitely add anything you want to the custom dictionary like dabear said, that's the easiest way to make the phone remember a word/words.
    08-05-09 11:17 AM
    1. Go to your carrier BIS account, and change the settings so you don't receive a text with each email. That's for phones without push email service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 11:56 AM
    2. Options>status>from there it will be under free file memory.

to clear a cache from a certain app look to do that within the settings of the app. if you cant find it there just do a battery pull and you should get some more memory
    08-05-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD