I ordered a pink pearl housing to give a new look to the standard red bb. Upon installing, the earpiece speaker was not working. Took it back apart, and low and behold-there is no earpiece speaker.
    I've never seen anyone mention having to move the speaker from their old housing to the new one.
    Can anyone that has changed pearl housings tell me if I got a defective housing or if the speaker needs to be moved from the old houding to the new one?
    T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 12:24 AM
    Hi, i swapped my housing after a small drop on a hard floor!!!! yes ordered new housing and as you have found no speaker!! I just removed it from old and placed it in place on the new one, i didnt fix it in place just slipped it over the locaction pin. well that was about 10 months ago and all is well hope that helps.
    04-23-09 06:44 AM
    I changed a many housings on my Pearl and always had to switch out the speaker. I'd be surprised if other people state otherwise!

04-23-09 07:37 AM
    glad i read this was actually thinking of ordering myself a new housing thanks for that guys
    04-23-09 06:36 PM
    Are there any tutorials to see how easy/hard it is to swap cases?
    04-23-09 11:11 PM
    Are there any tutorials to see how easy/hard it is to swap cases?
    Here you go...

YouTube - Blackberry Pearl 8100 Screen Replacement & Dissection by DirectFix.com

04-24-09 05:09 AM
    thanks for the link skull
    04-24-09 08:21 PM
    I'm new to the BlackBerry world but I have a question. I changed the case out on my 8120 and after the case swap the back speakers sound funny on certain ringtones. I have them installed the same way they were in the old housing. I have a new set ordered to replace them. Is it possible that I damaged them when i removed them?? Any info you can provide would be great.

Thanks
    04-29-09 11:06 AM
    I don't mean to shift the thread to a different topic by any means, but what would be the best place to pick up a new housing for an 8130? The black looks great, but a "whiteberry" would really make me happy

Thanx for the vid on installing btw, props for posting the link!
    04-29-09 01:07 PM
    yea I would love to get a "white berry" also! I think that would be awesome...
    04-29-09 08:43 PM
    i would love a chrome housing.
    04-30-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD