I have a Pearl, given to me , not sure of the model. It's overkill for someone whom simply wants to use it to monitor incoming emails, answer email messages very briefly and use as a phone. nevertheless, I have to use the model. I do not text, I cannot tolerate the techy music tones, all I need is a simple ringtone, which I am using. The device should not be so labor intensive to toggle between vibrate and ringtone. How do you get the device to send you notice of an email with just the vibrate mode, dont need the blip everytime an email appears, it is annoying.

Also, pairing with a blue tooth, and I want to use voice activated calling, does the stored names and numbers have to be recorded into some sort of voice mailbox when using voice activated name or number calling? Dont quite get the feature, as when I ask it to call home, it asks me for the number Would not home be enough?
    04-02-09 08:48 AM
    Go to your profiles and whichever profile you are on scroll down to the bottom and click advanced...and then change all your options to vibrate or whatever you what them to be set on.

And I don't know the answer for your last question. Sorry.
    04-02-09 09:10 AM
    An easy to switch between ringtone and Vibrate is to hold down the # key and the phone the will switch between vibrate and the last profile used.

Do you have more than one number listed under home? I know that sounds strange. I have 3 numbers listed for my mom and when I say "Mom" the phone asks me which number.
    04-02-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD